Must See Movies

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Going to see Pet Sematary today...heard good things.
My son went and saw that the other day. He said it was really good.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Pet Sematary was ok. Lots of cool stuff, but it kind of dragged to get to the good stuff. Also, Jason Clarke does something straight up weird to John Lithgow that took me out of things for a bit. Again, just OK. The ending though has a pretty nice payoff.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
The old established movie studios have been doing remakes, sequels, prequels and spin offs for years and survived to some degree while the new low budget high tech partnerships have brought entertainment to the masses and virtually eliminated the theatres because most of their productions won’t be a draw in theatres. It’s hard to say which way things will emerge but for now the blockbusters for the most part still belongs to the established studios.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Fuck this stupid money grab shit.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I'm looking forward to the lion king. I thought the jungle book was good and my son loved the dumbo one.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Carp

DCC 4Life
Ok...so since it is called Rise of Skywalker, they are retconning that bullshit from Last Jedi about Rey being the daughter of traders who sold her for drinking money. Clear to me she will be a Skywalker. I could be wrong...maybe Kylo Ren rebukes his name and goes by Ben Skywalker. Now excuse me while I go look at the blast door blueprint from Lost.

Genghis Khan

My god that looks fantastic. Thank christ Abrams is back. A great episode IX could fix a lot of the garbage of ep. VIII.

Genghis Khan

Ok...so since it is called Rise of Skywalker, they are retconning that bullshit from Last Jedi about Rey being the daughter of traders who sold her for drinking money. Clear to me she will be a Skywalker. I could be wrong...maybe Kylo Ren rebukes his name and goes by Ben Skywalker. Now excuse me while I go look at the blast door blueprint from Lost.
I really hope she turns out to be a Skywalker. Things would make a lot more sense.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I really hope she turns out to be a Skywalker. Things would make a lot more sense.
Also...I don't want Kylo to have a happy ending like Vader. That mother fucker needs to die at the hands of Rey for killing Han Solo. Now hear me out. Twins run in families...so what if, Kylo killed her dad too?! Han and Leia had twins, but sensed the dark side in Ben, so they kept him close to keep an eye on him, hoping Luke could help, while sending Rey off to keep her from that influence. Luke went with his aunt and uncle, while the scrap trader kept an eye on Rey...so not exact, but similar. Rey and Ben are connected beyond that mind trick he played on her in Ep7. Also, Leia seemed so close and maternal to her. It all finally clicks for her, with the help of Yoda, then she strikes down Kylo in the final epic battle, then is the Skywalker who is rising.

Carp Carp Abrams out!

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
This looks great. I hope they tie things up, not leaving things vague for the audience to "interpret".

One thing about the trailer... The last line of the trailer. "No one's ever really gone." Then that laugh.

Darth Sideous/Emperor Palpatine? That would be awesome if they had a final showdown with him.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Darth Sideous/Emperor Palpatine? That would be awesome if they had a final showdown with him.
Yea that's the general consensus on twitter

Genghis Khan

Also...I don't want Kylo to have a happy ending like Vader. That mother fucker needs to die at the hands of Rey for killing Han Solo.
A-fucking-men.

I know he's been conflicted throughout but killing Han pretty much seals his allegiance to the darkside.

As for the twins, don't they skip a generation? If she's in Luke's direct line she's still cousins with Ren.

It would be one thing to send her off with a guardian like they did Luke, but Rey was essentially abandoned which just seems cruel. I hope if she's a Skywalker (and I hope she is), it's a case where none of them knew what happened to her.

Rey and Leia definitely had a strange connection out of nowhere though.

Top Bottom