Must See Movies

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
One thing really really offended by inner comic book geek.

I will let you guess what that was.
I dont follow the comic books. Never read them and it seems too much to catch up on now but I'm curious what it is.

I enjoyed the movie and maybe because I didn't read the comics. If for nothing else go see it for the tribute to Stan. I thought it was a nice way to honor him.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I thought Captain Marvel was ok. Wasn't bad. Wasn't great. Basically lower middle of the pack by Marvel movie standards.

There were some fun moments but even as a guy who's never read a Captain Marvel comic in his life, I thought it was a bit predictable.

For instance, after about 45 minutes into the move I had a strong suspicion that the Skrulls were actually the good guys. Those friendly British accidents clued me in. Can't have evil villains sounding like Mr. Bean voice doubles.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
This movie will seem strange to me. captain Marvel will always be The transformed Billy Bateson character.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It it were bbgun asking this, I would say because Nick Fury is black, but with you, I dunno. :lol
The explanation for how Fury lost his eye had to be the worst thing I have ever seen Marvel do. Completely retarded.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
The explanation for how Fury lost his eye had to be the worst thing I have ever seen Marvel do. Completely retarded.
Ah yes. I agree. That was lazy.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
It wasn't even lazy. It took effort to be that fuckin' stupid.
Ok we just got back from seeing it, overall it was decent but yea
having Fury lose his eye like that was lame af

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

New movie on Netflix. Looks really good.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
I thought it was humorous, it's like

The indiana jones moment when he dares her to come at him without the rays and she just blasts him

junk

Not So New Member
Lady Gaga may be the greatest talent of her generation when you take into account everything she does well.

Singing, songwriting, performing, acting.....
She's talented, but "A Star is Born" was hot garbage.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
I liked Captain Marvel a lot, and laughed out loud at the Fury thing.

The thing that offended my inner geek the most was how the Skrulls were the oppressed good guys. In my era, they were considered worse than Nazis. Not that the Kree were good guys either, but more so than Skrulls.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
Took the family to see Captain Marvel Sunday. It was as bad as all the reviews I'd been led to believe and it was Marvel's decent into political movie making. Anyone who knows anything about the comics and that character is saddened and Marvel should be ashamed. The whole thing was a hate males flick and even my 15 year old daughter understood it. Changing the character Mar Vel to a female, and a bad one at that, making the Skrulls (who are make no mistake evil in the comics) the sympathetic stand in for Illegal Aliens, And then the whole men are all against women crap as she's growing up even the Cockpit" line? What a waste. If they make her the end all be all that wins the day in Endgame, they'll have screwed the fans. I watched some video reviews on youtube after, and man people are livid. If Marvel had wanted to see how to make a strong female character without turning into political propaganda, they should have actually paid attention to Wonder Woman. The ending was sappy, but the movie was great.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Took the family to see Captain Marvel Sunday. It was as bad as all the reviews I'd been led to believe and it was Marvel's decent into political movie making. Anyone who knows anything about the comics and that character is saddened and Marvel should be ashamed. The whole thing was a hate males flick and even my 15 year old daughter understood it. Changing the character Mar Vel to a female, and a bad one at that, making the Skrulls (who are make no mistake evil in the comics) the sympathetic stand in for Illegal Aliens, And then the whole men are all against women crap as she's growing up even the Cockpit" line? What a waste. If they make her the end all be all that wins the day in Endgame, they'll have screwed the fans. I watched some video reviews on youtube after, and man people are livid. If Marvel had wanted to see how to make a strong female character without turning into political propaganda, they should have actually paid attention to Wonder Woman. The ending was sappy, but the movie was great.
I think you went into it with an agenda and it did nothing to disappoint.

I could sense some of the same things, but then again, I was not going into it with the expectation of being mad.

Top Bottom