Must See Movies

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
HBO has been doing a Harry Potter marathon all day today.

My daughter has been binge watching.

I have been in and out and dammit, I still don't get this shit.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Justice League was on HBO and I watched it for the second time thinking it wouldn't be so bad the second time.

I was wrong.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Justice League was on HBO and I watched it for the second time thinking it wouldn't be so bad the second time.

I was wrong.
I tried to watch it a couple of times. I'm not getting more than about a half hour in. I'm guessing it doesn't get any better. I want to like it but it's hard to stomach.

Genghis Khan

I was at a party yesterday and got stuck watching a bunch of the chick Ghostbusters.

Pile. Of. Shit.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I was at a party yesterday and got stuck watching a bunch of the chick Ghostbusters.

Pile. Of. Shit.
Agreed. I was bored one day a while back and made the mistake of deciding to give it a shot.

I'm shocked that it wasn't even nominated for a Razzie Award.

D

Deuce

I was wrong.
It’s funny how many stereotypes are made about Zach Snyder fills, yet they keep happening. The amount of slo-mo in Justice League is ridiculous.

data

Forbes #1
Indiana Jones 5
a. Only Harrison Ford. Franchise should die with him
b. Like Bond and Batman, give the role to someone else
c. Doesn’t matter, I have no interest in the franchise either way. End the franchise.

Genghis Khan

Indiana Jones 5
c. Doesn’t matter, I have no interest in the franchise either way. End the franchise.

I'm fine if they give it to someone else in theory, but I'm worried that they make a shitty casting choice like they did with Solo, and occasionally did with Bond and Batman.

I'd also be fine with Indiana in the Connery role as father/mentor to the now active son. BUT THE SON CAN'T BE LA BEUF OR ANY SIMILAR DOUCHE ACTOR.

What I don't want to see - at all - is 80 year old Harrison Ford running around in an action movie like he's still 30 or 40.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Indiana Jones 5
I'm ok with the role being given to someone else, but they have to let it breathe. Do not turn it into Batman or Spiderman where we are getting reboots of the entire franchise with a new star playing the lead role within half a decade of the old films ending. Examples, Dark Knight Rises was 2012, by 2016 they had a Ben Affleck Batman movie series out with more in production. Or Spiderman, with the Tobey Macguire version ending in 2007, then they rebooted in with films in 2012 and 2014, then again in 2016 with the Marvel universe franchise. I can't even keep straight which universe is which, which actor is from what film in what universe, etc. Way too much.

Harrison Ford is getting old. But if they found the right young-ish actor, say in his late 30s or early 40s, you could reboot that franchise and get another 20-30 years of films out of him -- which should be maybe 3-4 films in that time. Again, don't want this serialized into new popcorn flicks every other summer. There needs to be good, fresh, well written ideas, with an appearance more like every 5 years or more.

D

Deuce

I'm fine if they give it to someone else in theory, but I'm worried that they make a shitty casting choice like they did with Solo, and occasionally did with Bond and Batman.

I'd also be fine with Indiana in the Connery role as father/mentor to the now active son. BUT THE SON CAN'T BE LA BEUF OR ANY SIMILAR DOUCHE ACTOR.

What I don't want to see - at all - is 80 year old Harrison Ford running around in an action movie like he's still 30 or 40.
How dare you. There have been bad Bond movies due to writing, but none of the Bond actors were bad. They each had their own take on a character for the time they were in and some greatness poured out.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
They're not gonna leave all that money on the table just because Ford is old or dead. If multiple people can effectively play Hamlet or Ebenezer Scrooge, the same is true of Indy. I'm sure people were upset when Moore succeeded Connery, but Moore made the role his own and the audience embraced him.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Sometimes I think Willem Defoe is an elite actor, sometimes I think he sucks.
I like Defoe and I think he is versatile but at times he falls back to a groove that leaves the character some. I also like Dryfess. He is about as versatile as anyone in the business.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
Defoe can be really good or meh. But it's cool that a guy so damn ugly can be as successful as he is. Christopher Walken is another. I love him.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
"Fuck Batman.":picard

Unlike Titans, this looks like a fun movie:

Top Bottom