Must See Movies

D

Deuce

Just walking around the office today, I've encountered at least 4 groups of Star Wars geeks who were legitimately pissed at this latest movie.

They were having heated in depth discussions on it as if they were debating some type of political reform. :lol

Their biggest gripe was that it seemed like they were trying too much to tailor the movie towards kids.
I have my own gripes about it, but tailoring it for kids isn’t one of them. Episode 1 obviously was and it wasn’t like that.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
No offense to the Star Wars geeks, it was not very good.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Usually you come out of a star wars movie all pumped up, either from the action or the cliffhanger, this one was... meh.
About the only emotion I had coming out of it was blind rage if I ever see another pog I am going to kill someone.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Star Wars

Have to agree with the Meh sentiments.
Too long and basically just an Empire Strikes Back reboot. Guess we get the Ewoks back in the next one. Just expected more so maybe just didn't meet my high expectations.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Say what you want about the new Star Wars, but Adam Driver is an elite actor.

He's operating on a level WAY above everyone else in the movie except for maybe del Toro and Ridley.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I finally watched Justice League this morning. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Definitely better than BvS.

I even enjoyed the villain in this one, Steppenwolf.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I finally watched Justice League this morning. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Definitely better than BvS.

Gotta go see it soon.

midswat

... soon
Never seen a single Star Wars movie.

Way I was raised.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Never seen a single Star Wars movie.

Way I was raised.
I would say after the first three movies, you missed out.

But since, yeah, you are better off going to your grave not seeing one.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Feh. Waiting until video.

data

Forbes #1

just saw it. Gal Gadot is something else.

Need to make a movie just of the Amazon women. Oh my goodness. Lotion with my tub of popcorn.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I go see Star Wars this morning. I'm still expecting good things regardless of what you assholes have said about it. I will report back later.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I'm not sure what all the hate is about. I thought it was fanfrickintastic. There were some small parts where the humor was kind of forced, but overall I thought it was funny.

The part where Luke guided his character to Ren with the Force was one of the biggest holy shit moments I can ever remember in a Star Wars movie. It was just a really good movie. I thought the length of it was necessary. There was a ton going on. To do it properly,
I feel it was the length it should be. I didn't really feel there was a lot of fluff.

Top Bottom