Must See Movies

D

Deuce

I really enjoyed Elysium. Cool concept and action. Blomkamp and Copley are becoming a must see duo for me.

Foobio

DCC 4Life
Busy day watching movies/ doing nothing; in addition to Fruitvale Station...also watched the HBO show on the Cheshire Murders/ depressing; Les Miserable, which if truth be told, I could have played better than any of the leads, and The Sessions which is awkward but enjoyable.

I couldn't finish the Cheshire Murders. Reading about it was horrific enough.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Kill List.

British horror film that doesn't turn into a horror film as such until about 2/3 into it.

I honestly can't decide if I like it or not. I am all for leaving unanswered questions in movies, but this film kind of raises the bar in that regard. I would say it's at least worth a watch.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Wow...so Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor and Jeremy Irons as Alfred in MOS 2. Weird Luthor.

Bob Roberts

Professor StinkFinger
It has a hot Asian woman in it, but I cannot get through 'Pacific Rim'.

It's just too stupid

dallen

Senior Tech
I think it is just aware enough of its own silliness to be enjoyable.
I agree. It was a big dumb movie about robots fighting giant monsters. I liked it a lot, but I am a del Toro mark

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The new Carrie remake was okay. But just okay.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
I agree. It was a big dumb movie about robots fighting giant monsters. I liked it a lot, but I am a del Toro mark
That's pretty much sums up my thoughts about it as well. I don't know if I liked it "a lot" but I definitely enjoyed it for what it was.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Inside Llewyn Davis was really good. I'm a fan of the the Coen brothers, as well as the guy that the Llewyn Davis character was based upon, so that didn't hurt. I'd recommend it to anyone who has enjoyed the Coen brothers past work

Carl

RIP Brother
Inside Llewyn Davis was really good. I'm a fan of the the Coen brothers, as well as the guy that the Llewyn Davis character was based upon, so that didn't hurt. I'd recommend it to anyone who has enjoyed the Coen brothers past work
Been meaning to check that one out. Saw HER today, not bad, but after a while, bit of a one trick pony.

Also watched Captain Phillips, maybe I wasnt in the mood, but rarely have I been more bored.

Last edited:

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Also watched Captain Phillips, maybe I wasnt in the mood, but rarely have I been more bored.
I almost got that the other day but changed my mind. I am a little worn out with Tom Hanks, and honestly, the story just does not appear interesting to me.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I thought Captain Phillips was pretty good.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I would have to say that you werent in the mood because I enjoyed the movie.

Carp

DCC 4Life
The very end of Captain Phillips...with the Navy Corpsman...is an alltimer of a movie scene for me. You could feel that one.

D

Deuce

I've not seen Captain Phillips yet and I've heard many times the ending is great.

But out I don't think I've ever seen someone say they were burned out on Hanks.

Top Bottom