Must See Movies

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

I watched this last night. It was definitely better than any recent Predator movie.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

I watched this last night. It was definitely better than any recent Predator movie.

That looks dumb as hell.

A native American chick in like 1700 with a bow and arrow is taking down a highly advanced alien predator?

This...doesn't seem plausible.

Native Americans were taken down by a handful of medieval conquistadors with medieval european technology and blankets, but they're taking on highly advanced alien technology? And it's a woman? Come on.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
That looks dumb as hell.

A native American chick in like 1700 with a bow and arrow is taking down a highly advanced alien predator?

Native Americans were taken down by a handful of medieval conquistadors with medieval european technology and blankets, but they're taking on highly advanced alien technology? And it's a woman? Come on.
I had serious doubts myself, but they pulled it off. As for the technology, Arnold defeated his predator with a fucking tree.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
That looks dumb as hell.

They did a decent job of showing that the predator tech has improved over the last 300 years too. There were a couple of parts that required the "I believe button" but not too terrible.

nd they didn't kill the dog.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member

I enjoyed it as well.

The only thing I didn't like was throughout the movie she couldn't hunt or shoot arrows worth a shit but all of a sudden when it's time to face off vs the Predator she's deadly accurate and landing blows.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I had serious doubts myself, but they pulled it off. As for the technology, Arnold defeated his predator with a fucking tree.
Speaking of technology the thing that I found funny was the fact that this version of Predator was more technological advanced than the original even though its at an earlier time. I guess that is the "I believe" button for me. The movie was entertaining but not one that I feel the need to watch again. It did make me want to go watch the original so watched that this morning.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
[QUOTE
nd they didn't kill the dog.
[/QUOTE]

Yes. This was something I feared and thankful it did not happen to the puppy.
Eh, Predator 2 was better. But it definitely was way better than Predators, The Predator and all of the stupid ones versus Aliens.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
So was The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

This is really interesting. Movies have definitely gone downhill. Thoughts?

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

This is really interesting. Movies have definitely gone downhill. Thoughts?

My feeling is that movies were going downhill long before the DVD industry crashed.

Not to mention, they're trying to tell us that people don't go to the movie theaters anymore. AND trying to tell us people aren't buying DVDs anymore. And then throw their hands up and point accusatory fingers at the consumers.

So... people don't watch movies anymore at all? Bullshit. They're just watching in different places now.

Get money for your product where the actual consumers are.

ALSO, you have to spend 50 million dollars marketing a movie like Behind the Candelabra? That too reeks of bullshit.

It just seems to me that they aren't taking advantage of the way the world is working nowadays, probably because all the same people who had their hands in the cookie jar still want it even if they aren't actually relevant or needed anymore.

Change has always happened in the entertainment industry. First movie theaters were the only avenue for consumption. Then TV came. Then cable came. Then VHS came. Then DVDs came. Then streaming.

They're going to try to tell us NOW they can't adjust? And THAT'S why movies are going downhill? I don't buy it.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
They're going to try to tell us NOW they can't adjust? And THAT'S why movies are going downhill? I don't buy it.
Yep. make better movies. I watched the new Top Gun off a stream at first and went an saw it at the theater bout a week later. Plan now seeing it again in IMAX soon too

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
My feeling is that movies were going downhill long before the DVD industry crashed.

Not to mention, they're trying to tell us that people don't go to the movie theaters anymore. AND trying to tell us people aren't buying DVDs anymore. And then throw their hands up and point accusatory fingers at the consumers.

So... people don't watch movies anymore at all? Bullshit. They're just watching in different places now.

Get money for your product where the actual consumers are.

ALSO, you have to spend 50 million dollars marketing a movie like Behind the Candelabra? That too reeks of bullshit.

It just seems to me that they aren't taking advantage of the way the world is working nowadays, probably because all the same people who had their hands in the cookie jar still want it even if they aren't actually relevant or needed anymore.

Change has always happened in the entertainment industry. First movie theaters were the only avenue for consumption. Then TV came. Then cable came. Then VHS came. Then DVDs came. Then streaming.

The streaming services pay for the rights to have those movies. The money is there. Hell half the time you still have to pay a fee to rent the movie. And a pretty high fee at that.The money is there especially if it's a movie worth paying that additional fee for.

Top Bottom