X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Iamtdg View Post

Yep, he is especially needed in today's environment. There is too much hate in this world. He taught love, and that is exactly what we need right now.
    More than that he had a way of making each child feel special, and taught that it was okay to be different.

"Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people."

Tell me that doesn't speak straight to the truth of what we are all dealing with today in society.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rev View Post

My wife found it on PBS I believe.
      Yeah, I found it. They sell them and I guess PBS gets all the revenue from selling the DVDs. That doesn't surprise me. The guy probably wouldn't have had it any other way.

Comment

• Someone who knows how to embed youtube videos should post the 6 or 7 minute clip of Rogers in front of congress asking for funding for public broadcasting.

I don't believe he'd get the same reaction today, and that's sad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sheik View Post
          Someone who knows how to embed youtube videos should post the 6 or 7 minute clip of Rogers in front of congress asking for funding for public broadcasting.

I don't believe he'd get the same reaction today, and that's sad.

Yeah, this never gets old. I loved this man.
          2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by mcnuttz View Post

Nor have I.
            Ryobi and Flapjack.

Comment

• Originally posted by junk View Post

Its the same director as Ragnorak which was easily the best Thor and arguably one of the best Marvel films to date.

Ragnarok was piece of shit, probably my least favorite marvel movie. I liked the first two Thor movies a great deal but Ragnarok can fuck right off.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sheik View Post

Mr Roger's and his messaging are sorely missed. I don't know if it is, but it should be running on local tv everywhere. My kids are getting old enough to actually sit and watch a show like his, I want to find all of the episodes and have my kids soak that shit up.
                They have a spinoff called Daniel Tigers Neighborhood with some of the same characters, but it's not the same.

Comment

• Originally posted by NoDak View Post

Ryobi and Flapjack.

you gotdamn right!

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Iamtdg View Post

I donít know the comics as well as some of you. Do the comic books have a woman as Thor?
                      Yes. I had to look it up myself after one of the comic book geeks who I work with told me about it. It's only been fairly recent though since they intro'd the female Thor......2014.

So that's why a lot of old timers like us weren't aware that the comics had already gone down that female Thor route.

Comment

• Originally posted by boozeman View Post

Just fucking shoot me now.

Sure, why not.

While they're at it. I hope they remake "Three Men & a Baby".....starring James Franco, Tom Hardy, and Jake Gyllenhaal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Genghis Khan View Post

Ragnarok was piece of shit, probably my least favorite marvel movie. I liked the first two Thor movies a great deal but Ragnarok can fuck right off.
                          I agree. It's watchable but definitely near the bottom of Marvel movies for me.

I just think they tried to be too jokey/funny with the movie.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1bigfan13 View Post

I agree. It's watchable but definitely near the bottom of Marvel movies for me.

I just think they tried to be too jokey/funny with the movie.
                            Yep exactly. You lose a lot of gravity when everything is a joke.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by 1bigfan13 View Post

Sure, why not.

While they're at it. I hope they remake "Three Men & a Baby".....starring James Franco, Tom Hardy, and Jake Gyllenhaal.
                                I'd be into that...

Comment

Working...
                                X