Must See Movies

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I am not too keen on the Top Gun reboot. It looks weird.

But you have to admit that the original was peak 'Murca.

The musical intro into the movie with fuckin' Kenny Loggins was epic when you were stoned out of your gourd.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner

The musical intro into the movie with fuckin' Kenny Loggins was epic when you were stoned out of your gourd.
I swear the original has been on about 57 times in just the last week on various channels.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I swear the original has been on about 57 times in just the last week on various channels.
That's smart marketing, plastered throughout the various media conglomerates we are mostly unaware of.

Funny thing is, I am watching it on Netflix and I just got the threat that it is gone at the end of the month.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

Just so tired of remakes. No interest at all of watching it or the original.

Rev

Staff member
Yeah the remake stuff is so tired. But the original was prime summer blockbuster stuff.
No doubt. Its just that I'm so fed up with the remakes (money grabs) that it turns my interest completely off. I would just rather that they re release them in the theaters.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
No doubt. Its just that I'm so fed up with the remakes (money grabs) that it turns my interest completely off. I would just rather that they re release them in the theaters.
Yeah sometimes it feels like the film industry has run out of ideas so they either remake movies or they add a sequel because they have no idea what else to do.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Top Gun Maverick is not so much a reboot but a sequel, from what it looks like.

The actors are in actual fighter planes, though they are not allowed to actually touch controls.

Another interesting thing was the AI they had to use to simulate Val Kilmer's voice. He's been unable to speak normally since he had surgery for throat cancer.

After re-watching the original last night (underrated work by director Tony Scott), I'm very interested to at least see what they come up with.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
Top Gun Maverick is not so much a reboot but a sequel, from what it looks like.

The actors are in actual fighter planes, though they are not allowed to actually touch controls.

Another interesting thing was the AI they had to use to simulate Val Kilmer's voice. He's been unable to speak normally since he had surgery for throat cancer.

After re-watching the original last night (underrated work by director Tony Scott), I'm very interested to at least see what they come up with.
At Dr Strange they showed a sneak peek of Maverick. It hooked me but they showed too much. What would have been good as a two minute clip went on for what felt like 5 minutes plus.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Pilots his age usually don't fly anymore. I wonder how they get around that.

Rev

Staff member
But this isn't a remake. It's a sequel.

Are you interested now?
Not at all. Some franchises need to be left alone as well.

Wasn't aware its a sequel since they call it the same name or is there an added title?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I watched Sonic 2 this weekend.

Not impressed one bit.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Did you like the first one?
Haven't seen it.

We took our son and one of his friends to the movies, and I just assumed they'd want to watch Top Gun.

Then we get home and realize you can stream the frikkin Sonic movie.

Gotta say I'm still a little upset with mcnuttz jr over this incident.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Haven't seen it.

We took our son and one of his friends to the movies, and I just assumed they'd want to watch Top Gun.

Then we get home and realize you can stream the frikkin Sonic movie.

Gotta say I'm still a little upset with mcnuttz jr over this incident.

My kid liked the first one. I didn't think much of it though. I think he wants to see the second one but I'm not looking forward to it.

Top Bottom