Must See Movies

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I like the Keaton Batman movies but the Bale ones are much better.

Dark Knight is one of the best movies ever made in any genre.
But did Bale make Dark Knight a great movie, or was that more Heath Ledger's Joker and he was along for the ride?

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
But did Bale make Dark Knight a great movie, or was that more Heath Ledger's Joker and he was along for the ride?

Both as far as I'm concerned. Ledger was incredible but Batman Begins was great as well (though not quite as good) and didn't have Ledger.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I like the Keaton Batman movies but the Bale ones are much better.

Dark Knight is one of the best movies ever made in any genre.
I'm seeing a lot of people claiming 'The Batman' is right up there with 'The Dark Knight'.

I'm still going to wait until it hits streaming services to watch it. It's my way of punishing them for those Affleck Batman movies.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I'm seeing a lot of people claiming 'The Batman' is right up there with 'The Dark Knight'.

I'm still going to wait until it hits streaming services to watch it. It's my way of punishing them for those Affleck Batman movies.

I haven't even watched the Affleck ones. I'm a little intrigued by The Batman but I'll definitely wait to watch it too.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

I refuse to watch a Pattinson Batman as well.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Well executed vision by Matt Reeves.

Some awesome moments throughout, though probably ten-twenty minutes too long

Saw it in IMAX, the sound quality during the big car chase scene was epic.

Sets up the future nicely too.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I didn’t watch Affleck’s Batman.

I assume it’s as bad if not worse than Clooney Batman.
The filmmaker, Zack Snyder, didn’t get Batman.

I think his impression of Batman came from Frank Miller’s Dark Knight, which is a violent satire and portrays a hopeless, dystopian future.

Reeves truly gets it, and Batman transforms during the film to be what he should be.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
It was everything, not one wasted scene, perfect music, ground breaking special effects including the first IMAX integration for action scenes, and everyone delivering outstanding performances.

The only weakness might have been Maggie Gyllenhall’s not so glamorous Rachel.

I re-watched Dark Knight and DK Rises just before catching this latest movie, and the Dark Knight will likely never be topped.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
I watched The Batman. I enjoyed The Batman. Pattinson plays the role without feeling like he is forcing it. No growling. Good storyline. A good part of the storyline seemed to focus more on him being a detective instead of always just showing up and beating on guys. Decent fightscenes showing some skill without looking like a ninja.

data

Forbes #1
The Batman. Less talking, just a lot of sullen staring by Pattinson

Some say this is brilliant acting, some say this is just sullen staring

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Watching The Jesus Rolls, semi-spin off from The Big Lebowski.

I think I tried to watch it before. Vaguely recall.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The Adam Project was cute.

That is code for a movie you watch with the family and you appreciate it that way.

EmmittStaubach

Homicidal Amish Comedian

Justice League and Batman vs. Superman weren’t good, but one scene I liked was the warehouse fight scene in “vs.”

Top Bottom