Must See Movies

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
If you value your time, do not watch the new Matrix movie. It is unwatchable. True walk out of the theater material.
Watched it last night and wasnt impressed. Should have left the franchise where it ended.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
If you value your time, do not watch the new Matrix movie. It is unwatchable. True walk out of the theater material.
They spent 19 years to fix the storyline to what some of us said it should have been. The rest of the movie is pretty forgettable. Haven’t been that disappointed in a while and what a waste of NPH.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
It was just okay to me. I’m not a big fan of the multiverse concept.
I enjoyed it. Cool to see the old guys again. Some nice symbolism on the last fight. Definitely some parts that were overdone. I don’t buy into the “you have to have the multiverse to introduce all the characters” theory.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I enjoyed it. Cool to see the old guys again. Some nice symbolism on the last fight. Definitely some parts that were overdone. I don’t buy into the “you have to have the multiverse to introduce all the characters” theory.
I did like seeing some of the
past Spidermen. But that seemed to be almost all of the movie.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
My son geeked out. Mainly because he is a fan of the Raimi ones. I was basically meh.

If they were gonna do this, why no Miles Morales?

shoop

Semi-contributing member
I did like seeing some of the
past Spidermen. But that seemed to be almost all of the movie.
Spiderman
"The symbolism through the last fight was great. Garfield saves MJ in the same way that he was unable to save Gwen. Tobey keeps Tom from killing Goblin like he did the guy that killed Ben. Doc Ock gets to save the day where he couldn't before and got the "power of the sun in the palm of his hand" with Tony's Arc reactor. With May being killed we get the reason for never seeing uncle Ben in this universe and the correlation of how that fit. "]

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Spiderman
"The symbolism through the last fight was great. Garfield saves MJ in the same way that he was unable to save Gwen. Tobey keeps Tom from killing Goblin like he did the guy that killed Ben. Doc Ock gets to save the day where he couldn't before and got the "power of the sun in the palm of his hand" with Tony's Arc reactor. With May being killed we get the reason for never seeing uncle Ben in this universe and the correlation of how that fit. "]
Eh. Happy will be his surrogate uncle and die.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I watched about half of Don't Look Up on Netflix. I have to finish watching the rest of it later tonight.

So far I'm enjoying it. It's a bit satire/parody but not over the top. It's very subtle.

Plus you can tell they're indirectly mocking the Trump administration. So those are bonus points in my book.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
I watched about half of Don't Look Up on Netflix. I have to finish watching the rest of it later tonight.

So far I'm enjoying it. It's a bit satire/parody but not over the top. It's very subtle.

Plus you can tell they're indirectly mocking the Trump administration. So those are bonus points in my book.
I found the allusion to the pandemic to be amusing.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

It's very long for a comedy. I started it, thought it was mildly funny, and then got very bored. It was definitely designed to make fun of Trump in my opinion. Although a lot of it applies to basically every politician.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Surprised that there is not more of an opinion on Spider-Man.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Surprised that there is not more of an opinion on Spider-Man.
I enjoyed it but I thought it was too long. This one didn't fit into the John Hughes mold like the first two movies, IMO.

I liked that there were several light-hearted/comedic moments throughout the the movie and that it didn't get too dark and serious like the Harry Potter & Avengers movies did at the end of their runs.

I was never into the multiverse stuff so I'm sure I missed a ton of Easter eggs and references.

Here's one thing that seemed weird and out of place for me.....

Since when has the Green Goblin had super strength. I'd never seen him do any of the the hand to hand combat stuff that Williem Dafoe's character was doing. It looked like Spiderman was fighting Thor or the Hulk in that condo fight scene.

Top Bottom