Must See Movies

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I just watched it and I am pissed... why?

There was no forewarning.
Because it was only half a movie and they refused to tell us that beforehand? I've had a 4k copy for over a week now and didn't watch right away because I saw it was only part1. Seriously considering waiting for the year or 2 it takes before the 2nd part comes out and then watching it all at once

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I just watched it and I am pissed... why?

There was no forewarning.
Im pretty sure it was mentioned here before the movie was out. :art

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
Im pretty sure it was mentioned here before the movie was out. :art
Actually, they didn't... in fact, the "sequel" (as it's being referred to), wasn't even considered until AFTER they saw how this one fared. I mean, the other part (the screenplay, script, etc.) hasn't even been written yet, and filming (if it does happen) isn't expected to even begin until the latter part of 2022. So, any expectation of a premier won't be until 2023.

Rev

Staff member
Actually, they didn't... in fact, the "sequel" (as it's being referred to), wasn't even considered until AFTER they saw how this one fared. I mean, the other part (the screenplay, script, etc.) hasn't even been written yet, and filming (if it does happen) isn't expected to even begin until the latter part of 2022. So, any expectation of a premier won't be until 2023.
That doesnt make sense, imo. You dont have an ending like that if there are no plans to finish it. That would be career suicide. I would never go see another movie done by that group if they left it like that. I know I saw it referred to as part 1 before seeing it and heard on the radio as well.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That doesnt make sense, imo. You dont have an ending like that if there are no plans to finish it. That would be career suicide. I would never go see another movie done by that group if they left it like that. I know I saw it referred to as part 1 before seeing it and heard on the radio as well.
Ugh yeah, it was well known. Now I will say this, I think what he is referring to is the fact that the studio or whatever didn't green light part II until they saw the results of part I. Basically if this movie was a total flop they didn't want to be committed to sinking money into the second part. Warner Brother's has already confirmed Part II so no worries there.

ZeroClub

UFA
“The Harder They Fall” (Netflix) is a blaxploitation spaghetti western (filmed in New Mexico). I think it's a well done version of what it is. Quite violent. I enjoyed it.

Rev

Staff member
“The Harder They Fall” (Netflix) is a blaxploitation spaghetti western (filmed in New Mexico). I think it's a well done version of what it is. Quite violent. I enjoyed it.
I watched this weekend as well and enjoyed it. Really loved the white town.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
For all the whining online, Eternals was good. The crowd that doesn't like any movie that isn't a mainline Avengers movie are the ones complaining.

Eternals is similar to Shang Chi. A good movie that would be fine as much as if it weren't a Marvel movie. You don't need to know anything about Marvel Movies to watch them.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Anyone watch Shang Chi? It is on Disney+ now...just wondered if worth a watch.

Rev

Staff member
Anyone watch Shang Chi? It is on Disney+ now...just wondered if worth a watch.
A friend who I trust has said it was good and he went to theater to see it. I trust his opinion on most things. That's all I have at the moment but will watch it this weekend.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
Watched it in thaeter and actually watching it again now.
Good movie. Doesn’t have strong ties to the Marvel Cinematic Universe but is a key in setting up the next phase.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
Watched No Time To Die. Pretty solid movie. Haven't been a huge bond fan for a while but this was a solid one.

Rev

Staff member
I watched Shang Chi and didnt enjoy it as Shoop, Angry, or may friend seem to have. Thought it was mediocre but not a complete waste of time. Worth it if you have Disney+ and can watch for free but Im glad I didnt spend the theater money. No real plot that was interesting but the artistry was nice.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I watched Shang Chi and didnt enjoy it as Shoop, Angry, or may friend seem to have. Thought it was mediocre but not a complete waste of time. Worth it if you have Disney+ and can watch for free but Im glad I didnt spend the theater money. No real plot that was interesting but the artistry was nice.
I wasn't a big fan. It was just okay to me.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Kind of how I felt about it as well.

It was okay. Seemed necessary to what they are doing.

Glad it was a movie and not a series. They seem to have a tendency to make them when they don't need to.

Like the Falcon/Bucky mini-series?

They could have wrapped that shit up in an hour and a half.

ZeroClub

UFA
Red Notice (Netflix) - Dwayne Johnson, Ryan Reynolds. My wife wanted to see it -- she thinks Reynolds is funny -- so we watched it. Red Notice is basically an action comedy, sort of like Raiders of the Lost Ark (although clearly not as good). I don't know what this genre is called. Anyway, there's some fighting and shooting, but it isn't at all gory or graphic. It has a PG-13 sort of vibe to it. It's contrived and kind of corny, but there are some unexpected plot twists. I'd probably give it a B- for what it is trying to be (a family movie).

data

Forbes #1
Red Notice (Netflix) - Dwayne Johnson, Ryan Reynolds. My wife wanted to see it -- she thinks Reynolds is funny -- so we watched it. Red Notice is basically an action comedy, sort of like Raiders of the Lost Ark (although clearly not as good). I don't know what this genre is called. Anyway, there's some fighting and shooting, but it isn't at all gory or graphic. It has a PG-13 sort of vibe to it. It's contrived and kind of corny, but there are some unexpected plot twists. I'd probably give it a B- for what it is trying to be (a family movie).
I wouldn’t consider Raiders action comedy, though. Might be some light-hearted moments and funny lines, but not a comedy.

Action comedy is more like Jumanji and Rush Hour

Top Bottom