Must See Movies

data

Forbes #1
Of all the movie heroes/villains (excluding TV) played by multiple actors, which character has had the best on-average portrayals? The worst?

• Batman: Kilmer, Keaton, Clooney, Bale, Affleck
  • Superman: Reeve, Cavill, Brandon Routh
  • 007: Connery, Moore, Brosnan, Daniel Craig, Timothy Dalton
  • Spider-Man: Tobey Macguire, Garfield, Holland
  • Joker: Nicholson, Leto, Ledger, Phoenix
  • Other character...

Last edited:

ZeroClub

UFA
Of all the movie heroes/villains (excluding TV) played by multiple actors, which character has had the best on-average portrayals? The worst?

• Batman: Kilmer, Keaton, Clooney, Bale, Affleck
  • Superman: Reeve, Cavill, Brandon Routh
  • 007: Connery, Moore, Brosnan, Daniel Craig, Timothy Dalton
  • Spider-Man: Tobey Macguire, Garfield, Holland
  • Joker: Nicholson, Leto, Ledger
  • Other character...
Heath Ledger was so good. His group wins based on his performance alone.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
Heath Ledger was so good. His group wins based on his performance alone.
He and Nicholson both played the role to perfection. Leto wasn’t really able to show everything in the limited screen time he got but he had the right level of insanity. If we can ignore the “Joker” movie. I agree.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He and Nicholson both played the role to perfection. Leto wasn’t really able to show everything in the limited screen time he got but he had the right level of insanity. If we can ignore the “Joker” movie. I agree.
You didn't like Joaquin?

shoop

Semi-contributing member
You didn't like Joaquin?
His performance as a person dealing with depression, and possible anxiety, as well as other mental health issues, was phenomenal. The idea that this turn of events turns him into any iteration of the joker that we have ever seen, seemed contrived and off base. The joker despite having no clear origin story has always been portrayed as a criminal who was changed by a vat of chemicals. He is a genius and does whatever it takes to prove his point with no concern for his own safety.
I just don't get that from that movie.
Joaquin - phenomenal performance.
Story - Feh

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
His performance as a person dealing with depression, and possible anxiety, as well as other mental health issues, was phenomenal. The idea that this turn of events turns him into any iteration of the joker that we have ever seen, seemed contrived and off base. The joker despite having no clear origin story has always been portrayed as a criminal who was changed by a vat of chemicals. He is a genius and does whatever it takes to prove his point with no concern for his own safety.
I just don't get that from that movie.
Joaquin - phenomenal performance.
Story - Feh
I liked the movie and yeah I'm not a comic book nerd by any means so the story being different didn't bother me. I thought his performance was great but yeah I could see the frustration with the story. Still him falling into a vat of chemicals sounds like a little kids movie so that probably would have ruined the movie for me.

Alonzo

Whoa An Active DCCer
The Godfather 1 and 2
Casablanca
Goodfellows
Butch Cassidy & Sundance Kid
King Kong 1933
The Roadwarrior
Crossroads
Roadhouse
The Searchers
On the Waterfront
Easy Rider
The Good The Bad The Ugly
The Thing 50's
Treasure of the Sierra Madras
Sting
Gone With the Wind

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
The Godfather 1 and 2
Casablanca
Goodfellows
Butch Cassidy & Sundance Kid
King Kong 1933
The Roadwarrior
Crossroads
Roadhouse
The Searchers
On the Waterfront
Easy Rider
The Good The Bad The Ugly
The Thing 50's
Treasure of the Sierra Madras
Sting
Gone With the Wind
*Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
How exactly do you accidentally put live rounds in a prop gun? Why are there even live rounds on the set to make this mistake?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
How exactly do you accidentally put live rounds in a prop gun? Why are there even live rounds on the set to make this mistake?
Sometimes blanks break off leaving metal fragments in the chamber. It may not have been a live round.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Sometimes blanks break off leaving metal fragments in the chamber. It may not have been a live round.
Then they should have been more diligent about cleaning the weapon. This is inexcusable.

Top Bottom