Must See Movies

shoop

Semi-contributing member
When you think you are getting the origins story of Tony Soprano but instead you get a take about why Chris Multisanto grew up without a daddy.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Star Wars 4? A new hope?
Disowned.
Especially if you remember that movie was made in 1978. Special effects are still better than some of the garbage they put out now.
The Witcher was good but confusing. They don’t tell you that they are hopping on a timeline and at least two of the main characters don’t age and another they did a poor job of showing it. Watch it but pull up a time line for it.
No, the one I watched was the first new one that came out around 2000 or so.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
When you think you are getting the origins story of Tony Soprano but instead you get a take about why Chris Multisanto grew up without a daddy.
Yeah started watching last night and I was like wtf is this? Wasn't at all what I expected and it could have been great but what it was sold as and what it actually was are so far from each other.

data

Forbes #1
Speaking of geriatrics, Harrison Ford needs to hang up his Indy hat. I've seen pics of him filming the latest one and it looks pathetic.
Name the best actor for a Indiana Jones recast.

David Harbour (if he lost some weight), Chris Pratt, Bradley Cooper, etc...

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
I don't want 20 different actors to play him a la James Bond. Indy should die when Ford does.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
He's playing an action hero, not an old timey lawyer.
So, action heroes don't get old? I don't get it.

Wait, so they should just be reimaged every couple of fucking years?

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
So, action heroes don't get old? I don't get it.

Wait, so they should just be reimaged every couple of fucking years?
Yes, actors get too old to plausibly play an action hero. Lee Majors isn't trying to be Steve Austin anymore. Ann Margaret isn't trying to be sexy anymore. Ford should show some similar humility.

data

Forbes #1
I don't want 20 different actors to play him a la James Bond. Indy should die when Ford does.
Yeah just have him bang someone and hand it over to Indy Jr.
That's the move.
Two things...
1. Indy Jr would be in his prime around the 1960s / 1970s. Does an Indiana Jones work in this time period? It was already awkward enough to have aliens.

2. Even if Indy Jr is the move, Shia LeBeouf isn't. So who would you cast for Indy Jr?

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I said this before, but he should be transitioning to the Connery Last Crusade type of role.

Genghis Khan

Two things...
1. Indy Jr would be in his prime around the 1960s / 1970s. Does an Indiana Jones work in this time period? It was already awkward enough to have aliens.

2. Even if Indy Jr is the move, Shia LeBeouf isn't. So who would you cast for Indy Jr?

I don't know enough young actors to choose, but I will say it shouldn't be an Indy clone or derivative.

"Spiders? I hate spiders!" Winkwink.

None of that shit.

But still retain that, I'm too cool for all this attitude.

data

Forbes #1
I don't know enough young actors to choose, but I will say it shouldn't be an Indy clone or derivative.

"Spiders? I hate spiders!" Winkwink.

None of that shit.

But still retain that, I'm too cool for all this attitude.
When you say young actors, you wanting an Indy Jr movie where the character was ~18-25 years old? Yeccch...Sounds like a teenybopper movie to me.

I was thinking Indy Jr as a ~35 year old in ~1970, since Shia LeBouf was probably early 20s in the 1950s in Crystal Skulls.

Genghis Khan

When you say young actors, you wanting an Indy Jr movie where the character was ~18-25 years old? Yeccch...Sounds like a teenybopper movie to me.

I was thinking Indy Jr as a ~35 year old in ~1970, since Shia LeBouf was probably early 20s in the 1950s in Crystal Skulls.

Yeah you're probably right. 30-35 is probably ideal. I still don't think I could name more than a couple actors in that age range unless they were in Star wars.

Top Bottom