Must See Movies

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Watched The Wild Bunch last night. Great violence at the beginning and end but it really dragged in between.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
My wife wanted to watch the Elizabeth Moss Invisible Man movie.

Good God, what a piece of shit. Little under an hour into it.

2020 will be one of the worst years for movies ever.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
American Animals (2018). Give it a look if you haven't seen it.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
What?

The first two were good, IMO. The third one....meh. I'll give you that.
Too campy. I can't stand campy movies. The new spiderman movies were vastly better and I don't see how they'd benefit from tying in with the originals.

I also don't think Maguire is a particularly good actor, and the writing and dialogue was poor.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Too campy. I can't stand campy movies. The new spiderman movies were vastly better and I don't see how they'd benefit from tying in with the originals.

I also don't think Maguire is a particularly good actor, and the writing and dialogue was poor.
Tobey Maguire's Spider-Man 2 was great. There's a lot of people who put it right up there with the new ones.

DontCryWolfe

DCC 4Life
Tobey Maguire's Spider-Man 2 was great. There's a lot of people who put it right up there with the new.
This. Before The Dark Knight, Spider-Man 2 was one of those films held up as a comic book movie that could be regarded as just a film, without the caveat.

The only thing that I couldn’t stand about those movies was Maguire. Just couldn’t take him seriously, at all. And then Spider-Man 3 was atrocious, and that was that.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
If you have watched Into The Spider-Verse, this might be why.

Doesn't matter how it was. It is part of the plot.

True, but there are a lot of ways to do it without pulling in an inferior franchise.

As an aside, I hate the MCU alternate universe stuff. It essentially makes everything meaningless and tends to be ridiculous plot armor.

Top Bottom