Must See Movies

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
That’s a tough one. I immediately think about my favorite movies, and I just can’t bring myself to imagine replacements for great roles.

Think about it, who could do a better Doc Holliday than Kilmer? Or a better Tony Montana than Pacino?

I’ll have to think about this when I’m high later.
I was more thinking about movies that had the potential to be good were ruined by bad casting.

Highlander was one of them. Successful franchise at the end of the day inspite of itself.

It had damned Sean Connery in it, dammit.

But Christopher Lambert was a complete stiff who ruined everything from the first moment of the movie.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
I was more thinking about movies that had the potential to be good were ruined by bad casting.

Highlander was one of them. Successful franchise at the end of the day inspite of itself.

It had damned Sean Connery in it, dammit.

But Christopher Lambert was a complete stiff who ruined everything from the first moment of the movie.
Got it.

I’ll think on it.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Since everything gets remade...name your movie you would bet on being successful if cast right...

My first is Highlander.
The post of the year.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
That’s a tough one. I immediately think about my favorite movies, and I just can’t bring myself to imagine replacements for great roles.

Think about it, who could do a better Doc Holliday than Kilmer? Or a better Tony Montana than Pacino?

I’ll have to think about this when I’m high later.
Dennis Quaid. As Doc Holliday. OK Corral.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Just fell into the old Schwarzenegger flick Commando on HBO.

Holy shit, that was some good cheesy 1980s action that I totally forgot about. Haven't seen it in years.

Nothing like Dan Hedeya trying to act like a South American drug lord.

Ahnold kicked ass in the day.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
"He's dead tired."
"Let off some steam, Bennett."

the corny lines were through the roof

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
"He's dead tired."
"Let off some steam, Bennett."

the corny lines were through the roof
And they were awesome.

And anytime I say "Let's Party", I do it in Ahnold voice.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Watching Blazing Saddles for the first time in forever.

If you have not seen it in a while, it is really great. And it stands up to the test of time.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

If you have not seen it in a while, it is really great. And it stands up to the test of time.
You racist

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Burton Gilliam is a friend of mine but I haven’t seen much of him lately. He still makes a living off that movie and gets a lot of golf invites. I have the CD he gave me several years ago but I haven’t played it in a long time. The movie has its moments.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

Great movie. Mel Brooks is one of my favorites, made so many great movies.

Rev

Staff member
Burton Gilliam is a friend of mine but I haven’t seen much of him lately. He still makes a living off that movie and gets a lot of golf invites. I have the CD he gave me several years ago but I haven’t played it in a long time. The movie has its moments.
He's probably in the backyard with the NDSU football team.

Rev

Staff member
What’s that about?
Referring to your post in the Dak thread (I believe) where the way you posted made it sound like you had the NDSU football team in your backyard.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Referring to your post in the Dak thread (I believe) where the way you posted made it sound like you had the NDSU football team in your backyard.
It’s a saying when addressing locations especially when conversing with someone from afar. If something is close to you then it might be depicted as being in the back yard. The division championship with NDSU is played in Frisco a nearby town. I suppose you were then using this same depiction for Burton Gilliam and he was misplaced somewhere in my metaphoric backyard ?

Top Bottom