Must See Movies

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Ragnarok was piece of shit, probably my least favorite marvel movie. I liked the first two Thor movies a great deal but Ragnarok can fuck right off.
I agree. It's watchable but definitely near the bottom of Marvel movies for me.

I just think they tried to be too jokey/funny with the movie.

junk

Not So New Member
Ragnarok was piece of shit, probably my least favorite marvel movie. I liked the first two Thor movies a great deal but Ragnarok can fuck right off.
Interesting. I wouldn't have thought my statement to be even remotely controversial.

Anyway, I thought the first two Thor movies were largely forgettable in the overall MCU (and that seems to be the overall general consensus from what I can see)

I thought Ragnorak was entertaining and unique. But I also really like GoTG Vol 1 which was in a similar vein.

Which Iron Man was your favorite? 2?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Interesting. I wouldn't have thought my statement to be even remotely controversial.

Anyway, I thought the first two Thor movies were largely forgettable in the overall MCU (and that seems to be the overall general consensus from what I can see)

I thought Ragnorak was entertaining and unique. But I also really like GoTG Vol 1 which was in a similar vein.

FWIW, I agree with you. I enjoyed Ragnorak.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

I liked Iron Man 2, but I think the first was the best.

I haven't seen either Guardians of the Galaxy movies, but those characters were easily my least favorite parts of Infinity Wars and Endgam, for much the same reason. Just way too campy and jokey.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
I liked Iron Man 2, but I think the first was the best.

I haven't seen either Guardians of the Galaxy movies, but those characters were easily my least favorite parts of Infinity Wars and Endgam, for much the same reason. Just way too campy and jokey.
FFS it's a movie based on a comic!!!
Jokey is good! It's what makes the MCU movies that much better than the DCU ones.
It's not the retelling of WWII or some such that has to be treated with respect, it's a movie about a "Nors god" and a guy that turns green and strong!
It's not only the best Thor movie, it's also one of the best of the whole MCU.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
FFS it's a movie based on a comic!!!
Jokey is good! It's what makes the MCU movies that much better than the DCU ones.
It's not the retelling of WWII or some such that has to be treated with respect, it's a movie about a "Nors god" and a guy that turns green and strong!
It's not only the best Thor movie, it's also one of the best of the whole MCU.
Nah. Yeah it's not wwii but it's still a story that has to hook you in or make you suspend disbelief. If it's a comedy that's different. An action movie can certainly have humor but if everything is treated like a farce it takes me out of it.

Last Jedi suffered from the same issue (among other things).

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

This looks really good.

Comedians tend to do well when playing psychopaths. Like Robin Williams in One Hour Photo.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

This sounds pretty good

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Idiocracy is now on Hulu.

Watch it if you have not yet done so.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Home Alone doesn't work in 2019, the mom would just call him an uber

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I feel a bit ashamed, but I just watched Detective Pikachu with my daughter and I liked it.

Top Bottom