Must See Movies

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I love Bond and all the movies for various reasons, but I wouldn’t tell someone to just go watch a Connery Bond and expect them to be blown away. A few are very bad (in a good way to me). I would tell him to watch From Russia With Love and go from there.
Well he is the goatse king so I thought it was appropriate.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

The first It trailer was nice and creepy. This, feh.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

I guess they never get tired of making shitty sequels.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

Some people are hyperventilating about this. Not me. The first one was just okay.
Yeah, I didn’t get very worked up either. It is a super hero character the came around when I was way past comic books.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Not many of these look all that interesting. A Hawkeye series? Really?

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I never got into those what I call "second & third tier" comic book characters as a kid. So most of these Marvel Phase 4 movies don't appeal to me at all.

I'll watch Black Panther 2 but the only one on that list that mildly interests me is Loki.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I'll watch Black Panther 2 but the only one on that list that mildly interests me is Loki.
I don't know, the Doctor Strange one could be good.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I never got into those what I call "second & third tier" comic book characters as a kid. So most of these Marvel Phase 4 movies don't appeal to me at all.

And Loki will be a TV series on Disney, not a movie.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Wha...you don't think Portman as Thor isn't like the most awesome thing eva?
Wait....they are seriously doing this? I had saw something about this couple days ago but thought it was a joke.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Wait....they are seriously doing this? I had saw something about this couple days ago but thought it was a joke.
Nope. They are literally falling all over themselves in the quest for inclusiveness.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Nope. They are literally falling all over themselves in the quest for inclusiveness.
From what I understand they are at least following the comics and not just doing it due to the current climate in America.

So I can't slam them for going the female Thor route for this upcoming phase of movies.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I don't know, the Doctor Strange one could be good.
The first movie was fine. I'm just not a big fan of that character.

I remember the original came out during the Fall of 2016 and I don't think I ended up watching it until early 2018. Caught it on Netflix, IIRC.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
From what I understand they are at least following the comics and not just doing it due to the current climate in America.

So I can't slam them for going the female Thor route for this upcoming phase of movies.
A reply in Chris Hemsworth's tweet:

This is part of the agenda, I have little doubt.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

I don’t know the comics as well as some of you. Do the comic books have a woman as Thor?

Top Bottom