Must See Movies

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I watched a pretty strange movie called "Traders". One of the most bizarre plots I have ever seen. You have to watch it for about 20 minutes to get hooked.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Covenant was good...not great. Seemed like a safe movie. After rewatching Prometheus, you can really understand why David was not big on humans. The part where he says...why did you create me...and Holloway says because we could. Feel like David emulated his creators in Prometheus
and to a larger degree in Covenant.

Last edited:

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
In this era of shitty movies and even shittier remakes...

The Highlander should be remade.

Hell, if I had the capital I would do it myself. There is already a built in awesome as shit soundtrack from Queen.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Wonder Woman was pretty good, but these people running around saying it is near perfect and better than any DC movie to date, including The Dark Knight, is full of it.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Fox News hosts upset Wonder Woman isn't American enough

Fox News hosts upset Wonder Woman isn't American enough

Fox News might need to check Wonder Woman’s birth certificate.

Wonder Woman has scored a hero’s welcome from critics, considering at one point, it boasted a record-tying 97 percent on Rotten Tomatoes. Yet, Patty Jenkins’ comic adaptation has found a few detractors at Fox News, who are criticizing what they deem to be a lack of American patriotism. (The film’s heroine is actually a fictional Amazonian warrior princess.)

“I think, nowadays, sadly, money trumps patriotism,” said guest Dion Baia during Friday’s episode of Your World with Neil Cavuto. “Especially, recently, I personally feel like we’re not really very patriotic, the country, in a certain sense. They want these movies to succeed internationally, so they’re going to dial back.”

The commentators pointed to the movie’s updated look for Wonder Woman, played by Israeli actress Gal Gadot; her costume is red, gold, and blue instead of red, white, and blue. Cavuto insisted Captain America’s patriotism has been toned down for foreign appeal.

“I think the Hollywood aspect, we see this time and time again, it’s cool to hate America these days,” said Mike Gunzelman.

Jokingly (maybe), Gunzelman signed off by promoting a film that was a massive box office disappointment and scored a 20 percent on Rotten Tomatoes: “Just go see Baywatch.”

Warner Bros., which produces the film, had no comment. Fox News did not immediately respond to EW’s request for comment.

Wonder Woman, which also stars Chris Pine and Robin Wright, is now in theaters.

dallen

Senior Tech
Wonder Woman was pretty good, but these people running around saying it is near perfect and better than any DC movie to date, including The Dark Knight, is full of it.
Yeah, that is pretty crazy. I'd say it is probably better than anything since The Dark Knight though. Definitely better than anything since Snyder took over.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
I took the fam to see it this past weekend and really enjoyed it. A did joke with the wife and daughter though that they did make it a typical chick flick. When they asked why, I told them. A male hero would have done what she did because it was the right thing to do, she had to do it because she believed in "love"! :lol:buddy:tippytoe

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
I saw How to Be a Latin Lover and it was a classically decent comedy. The critics beat up it pretty good but I thought it was better than the couple of bad reviews I read. It is a pretty typical formulaic goofball comedy but the main character was pretty good, there were some solid supporting roles, and the movie had some heart to it. Not something anyone needs to rush to the theater to see but worth considering as a rental if you are looking for a few yuks.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Fox News might need to check Wonder Woman’s birth certificate.

Wonder Woman has scored a hero’s welcome from critics, considering at one point, it boasted a record-tying 97 percent on Rotten Tomatoes. Yet, Patty Jenkins’ comic adaptation has found a few detractors at Fox News, who are criticizing what they deem to be a lack of American patriotism. (The film’s heroine is actually a fictional Amazonian warrior princess.)

“I think, nowadays, sadly, money trumps patriotism,” said guest Dion Baia during Friday’s episode of Your World with Neil Cavuto. “Especially, recently, I personally feel like we’re not really very patriotic, the country, in a certain sense. They want these movies to succeed internationally, so they’re going to dial back.”

The commentators pointed to the movie’s updated look for Wonder Woman, played by Israeli actress Gal Gadot; her costume is red, gold, and blue instead of red, white, and blue. Cavuto insisted Captain America’s patriotism has been toned down for foreign appeal.

“I think the Hollywood aspect, we see this time and time again, it’s cool to hate America these days,” said Mike Gunzelman.

Jokingly (maybe), Gunzelman signed off by promoting a film that was a massive box office disappointment and scored a 20 percent on Rotten Tomatoes: “Just go see Baywatch.”

Warner Bros., which produces the film, had no comment. Fox News did not immediately respond to EW’s request for comment.

Wonder Woman, which also stars Chris Pine and Robin Wright, is now in theaters.
~flush~

{residual chunks remain in bowl}

~flushes again, sprays deodorizer, opens window~

Last edited:

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I took the fam to see it this past weekend and really enjoyed it. A did joke with the wife and daughter though that they did make it a typical chick flick. When they asked why, I told them. A male hero would have done what she did because it was the right thing to do, she had to do it because she believed in "love"! :lol:buddy:tippytoe

Oh Jesus Hero Christ. Really?

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I thought Wonder Woman was very good. Probably the 2nd best DC movie right after Dark Knight.

My only complaint, and it's just me nitpicking, is I thought they should have had the Germans speak German; particularly when they were speaking among themselves. I'd have been fine reading subtitles. It just adds to the authenticity. I'm sure they got lazy and thought it wasn't necessary for a comic book movie.

Other than that I thought it was a damn good movie that has a lot of re-watch appeal.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Weird Science on the Firestick. :towel

It's probably been close to 20 years since I last watched this.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Anti-patriotic, America-hating, Black agenda-pushing bullshit. Typical of the African American community to have to make up their own superheros. This country will never come together as long as this type of thing continues. Superhero movies should feature uber patriotic Americans kicking everyone's ass while wearing red, white, and blue tights. Anything else is divisive, irresponsible pandering to foreigners.—Fox News assholes (and the assholes who agree with them), probably.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
‘Black Panther’ movie poster slammed as ‘too black and militant’

‘Black Panther’ movie poster slammed as ‘too black and militant’

Marvel has only had a trailer out for its Black Panther film for one weekend and already the backlash has been severe.

The poster features Chadwick Boseman posing in costume as the titular Black Panther, the king of a fictional African nation, seated on his throne and looking powerful.

However, several critics compared it to a famous picture of Huey P. Newton, who was the co-founder of the Panther Party, a figure who in the 1960s was seen as extreme and “militant.” In the picture, Newton was holding a gun and spear, and while Boseman is not posing with any weapons, many are saying that the pose and even the chair are similar.

Critics blasted the poster for the comparisons, while others either heralded the choice to compare to Newton or expressed their belief that Marvel wasn’t even thinking of Newton when they created a poster for a strong African king.

Black Panther, which is set for a theatrical release on Feb. 16, 2018, follows the story of T’Challa, the prince of the fictional country of Wakanda, who ascends to the throne after the events of Captain America: Civil War left his father dead. However, T’Challa must deal with a problem that threatens not only his country and throne but the whole world.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Marvel has only had a trailer out for its Black Panther film for one weekend and already the backlash has been severe.

The poster features Chadwick Boseman posing in costume as the titular Black Panther, the king of a fictional African nation, seated on his throne and looking powerful.

However, several critics compared it to a famous picture of Huey P. Newton, who was the co-founder of the Panther Party, a figure who in the 1960s was seen as extreme and “militant.” In the picture, Newton was holding a gun and spear, and while Boseman is not posing with any weapons, many are saying that the pose and even the chair are similar.

Critics blasted the poster for the comparisons, while others either heralded the choice to compare to Newton or expressed their belief that Marvel wasn’t even thinking of Newton when they created a poster for a strong African king.

Black Panther, which is set for a theatrical release on Feb. 16, 2018, follows the story of T’Challa, the prince of the fictional country of Wakanda, who ascends to the throne after the events of Captain America: Civil War left his father dead. However, T’Challa must deal with a problem that threatens not only his country and throne but the whole world.

And there is it.

dallen

Senior Tech
They both sat in chairs. The comparisons are endless

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Anti-patriotic, America-hating, Black agenda-pushing bullshit. Typical of the African American community to have to make up their own superheros. This country will never come together as long as this type of thing continues. Superhero movies should feature uber patriotic Americans kicking everyone's ass while wearing red, white, and blue tights. Anything else is divisive, irresponsible pandering to foreigners.—Fox News assholes (and the assholes who agree with them), probably.
What's that about?

Top Bottom