Must See Movies

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
I'm more than halfway through the first audio book as well. Really tough to wade through. KInda like a Clancy novel only Calny novels eventually get better once you get through the introductory stuff. SO in essence you guys are saying this whole first book is intro only.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm more than halfway through the first audio book as well. Really tough to wade through. KInda like a Clancy novel only Calny novels eventually get better once you get through the introductory stuff. SO in essence you guys are saying this whole first book is intro only.
Is Jake in it yet? From what I remember it is at least decent once he is there. Prior to that it is pretty yawn worthy.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Is Jake in it yet? From what I remember it is at least decent once he is there. Prior to that it is pretty yawn worthy.
It does have Jake in it, but they have completely removed Odetta and Eddie

edit: Referencing the movie

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It does have Jake in it, but they have completely removed Odetta and Eddie

edit: Referencing the movie
Yeah, I was referring to what point he was at in the book.

But that's what bothers me most about the movie. Odetta and Eddie not being in the movie is what bugs me most. Plus the gun slinger role just seems totally botched. It's like they are trying to make him into a superhero instead of this brooding asshole that is Roland.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Yeah, I was referring to what point he was at in the book.

But that's what bothers me most about the movie. Odetta and Eddie not being in the movie is what bugs me most. Plus the gun slinger role just seems totally botched. It's like they are trying to make him into a superhero instead of this brooding asshole that is Roland.
Yea pretty much. People that haven't read the books will probably enjoy it but if you have it's basically a big "fuck you we'll just change the whole story to fit our casting choice"

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Going to see Guardians 2 at the unholy hour of 10:15 tonight. Better not suck.

vince

Not So New Member
Can't wait for the new Thor movie. The preview looked teh awesumz!

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I come home from work and my wife was watching La La Land so I watched the last thirty minutes of it.

I don't get why it was considered all that. Maybe it is not fair judging it off a half hour, but it just did not seem that interesting to me.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Guardians 2 was pretty damn good. Little more cussing though, so sensitive ninnies who think it is all Baby Groot might want to think about it.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Guardians 2 was pretty damn good. Little more cussing though, so sensitive ninnies who think it is all Baby Groot might want to think about it.
I have been looking forward to this one since I watched the first one. This is good to hear.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Any green Zoe Saldana boobies in this one?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
It must be amazing since Booze doesn't like anything.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
It must be amazing since Booze doesn't like anything.
I’m also surprised that he actually went on opening night. That’s when all the fanatics go out to see big budget movies.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I’m also surprised that he actually went on opening night. That’s when all the fanatics go out to see big budget movies.
It is alos the night that you will never ever see me at the theater. I don't give a damn what movie it is. I generally avoid people, so that would be the opposite of a place I would be.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I thought GOTG 2 was a massive letdown. Marvel is reaching a point now with their smugness is taking away from movies. Forced humor and a few slow motion walking scenes, with underwhelming music, kind of lost it for me. It is entertaining, but not even close to the first one.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
I thought GOTG 2 was a massive letdown. Marvel is reaching a point now with their smugness is taking away from movies. Forced humor and a few slow motion walking scenes, with underwhelming music, kind of lost it for me. It is entertaining, but not even close to the first one.
I agree... humor felt mostly forced.

data

Forbes #1
Wasn't a fan of the first one. I prefer the Xmen movies, Avengers next, Spider-Man's (Garfield), then Guardians.

Top Bottom