Must See Movies

Carp

DCC 4Life
As an aside...The Accountant was a slow burn, but it was pretty damn good.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Anyone else see the Daryl Davis documentary on Netflix? Dude had an interesting strategy for creating discourse and change in the KKK.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
The saddest thing about Logan is what could have been with Jackman's entire run with the character, but dipshits were so fucking scared of making R rated comic book movies that they just wasted the character until the end.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Watched Kong. It is good. The cinematography is ridiculously good. Acting and plotline lacked a little, IMO, but definitely worth going to the theater for.

Carp

DCC 4Life
The saddest thing about Logan is what could have been with Jackman's entire run with the character, but dipshits were so fucking scared of making R rated comic book movies that they just wasted the character until the end.
WTF are you talking about? Becuase he was not running around and cutting people up you find it lacking? He was like an old fun slinger who did not want to get back into the fight, but eventually got pulled back in. You're a fucking moron.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
WTF are you talking about? Becuase he was not running around and cutting people up you find it lacking? He was like an old fun slinger who did not want to get back into the fight, but eventually got pulled back in. You're a fucking moron.
Talking about the other Wolverine movies which sucked ass because they had to be PG-13

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I'm watching Hands of Stone right now, whic is good, but ayieee I discovered my new love - Ana de Armas is super fine. That's in incredible Cuban woman.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I'm watching Hands of Stone right now, whic is good, but ayieee I discovered my new love - Ana de Armas is super fine. That's in incredible Cuban woman.
Yeah I saw this movie. I remember when all this happened. This is the first time I heard that Duran denied saying "no mas" in the second Leonard fight.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The previous Wolverine movies were watered down. The character lost a little in that.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
She has an incredible, ahem, role in the Keanu Reeves movie, Knock Knock. :unsure

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Yeah I saw this movie. I remember when all this happened. This is the first time I heard that Duran denied saying "no mas" in the second Leonard fight.
I haven't been able to think of the "hands of stone" name the same way after realizing that Duran was connected to Panama Lewis, who stripped the padding out of Luis Resto's gloves and likely dipped his wraps in plaster before a fight with Billy Collins, Jr., leading to the end of Collins' career and his eventual suicide.

There's an excellent documentary about it called Assault in the Ring.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Do yourself a favor and watch Hacksaw Ridge if you havent. That guy was a true hero and just an amazing story that Im glad was told.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I got in a couple of movies over the weekend.

Get Out. I thought it was well done but I was also a bit disappointed in it. I think I can attribute that small bit of disappointment to all of the glowing reviews and hype surrounding the movie. I thought Peele and co. did a great job with the writing and the script. I noticed there were lots of subtleties in the film so you have to be attentive in order to understand the meaning/references. I thought the first hour or so of the movie was kind of ho-hum and nondescript. I think that was mainly because at that point in the movie I still didn't know what was going on, but the over the final 40 minutes of the movie the pace picks up and all the pieces tie together nicely. Definitely worth the watch.

Loving. This is a historical drama (based on a true story) about a Virginia interracial couple (the Lovings) who were banished from the state in the 1960s for violating the state's miscegenation laws. The lead actress, Ruth Negga, was nominated for the Best Actress award at this year's Oscars. The Loving's case eventually made it to the Supreme Court in 1967 where the decision was made to strike down laws which banned interracial marriages and relationships. Regarding the movie, one of the reasons that I enjoyed it was because the focus of the movie wasn't countless scenes of courtroom litigation, which is what we're usually treated to in movies that tell the story of historical court cases. In fact, there wasn't a single scene in the movie that took place in the courtroom. Instead the writers and directors decided to focus on the family and relationship aspect.......strain on the families, household instability, etc. It's a solid flick that you can watch with the entire family. I don't recall there being many if any curse words and not a single use of the N-word; which was a bit of a shock considering the era that the movie covers. I give it two thumbs up. It was better than Moonlight, IMO.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Do yourself a favor and watch Hacksaw Ridge if you havent. That guy was a true hero and just an amazing story that Im glad was told.
That's on my 'to watch' list for this week. I love WWII movies and documentaries.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
It was a good movie for sure. Mel Gibson is my favorite racist.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
It is now on the list for spring break watching.

Top Bottom