Must See Movies

D

Deuce

Hells Bells, the first movie came out 40 yeats ago. It was in fact out of order as things turned out. I wonder how many of you Star Wars gurus were still in diapers then? :flip
I was still in a womb in '77...but I also understood it was out of order and still kept up with it by the late '80's. I think it was when I first saw the original scroll of A New Hope when it said "Episode IV" that tipped me off.

Last edited by a moderator:

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I was still in a womb in '77...but I also understood it was out of order and still kept up with it be the late '80's. I think it was when I first saw the original scroll of A New Hope when it said "Episode IV" that tipped me off.
I had a few things going on in that time frame like running a bank civic duties and family matters to tend to. Movies took a back seat.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Hells Bells, the first movie came out 40 yeats ago. It was in fact out of order as things turned out. I wonder how many of you Star Wars gurus were still in diapers then? :flip
Not me. I was in the theater watching it.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
One thing I've always been confused about... How is Vito Corleone alive again in part two of The Godfather?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I was still in a womb in '77...but I also understood it was out of order and still kept up with it be the late '80's. I think it was when I first saw the original scroll of A New Hope when it said "Episode IV" that tipped me off.
You understood that from the womb? :art

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I bet you have many leatherbound books.
Nah. I hate reading. I did a lot of that in my career but when I retired I do all my reading from electronic media. Come to think of it I do gave several reference volumes that are leather bound but I don't use them. It's all on the internet now.

data

Forbes #1
[MENTION=11]L.T. Fan[/MENTION]

Do not watch the recent Star Trek movies.

data

Forbes #1
I had a few things going on in that time frame like running a bank civic duties and family matters to tend to. Movies took a back seat.
sounds like the plot to Mary Poppins. Hope you eventually found time to fly a kite with your kids.

data

Forbes #1
It took me a couple times to fully understand Back to the Future. Looking back, for an 80d script and for something complicated like time travel, plot was pretty rock solid. I don't think there's been a more solid time travel plot since.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I watched Why Him? earlier today. That double-dicker [MENTION=3]boozeman[/MENTION] finally got a movie recommendation right.

I didn't know Keegan Michael Key played such a significant role in the move. It was a pleasant surprise.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I tried to watch that Netflix movie "Carter High" and I couldn't finish it. I made it about halfway through the movie before tapping out.

I expected more from the movie......something "Friday Night Lights" -like. Honestly, a better director/producer probably would have done a better job telling the story.

Even the acting was horrible. I understand that it was one of those lower-budget films but even the veteran actors who have been around for a while, like Charles S. Dutton and Vivica A. Fox, seemed to mail it in.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I watched Why Him? earlier today. That double-dicker @boozeman finally got a movie recommendation right.

I didn't know Keegan Michael Key played such a significant role in the move. It was a pleasant surprise.
Without his character, the movie wouldn't have made it.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The Founder is pretty decent. Michael Keaton was solid once again.

Very good supporting cast, John Carroll Lynch was excellent and well, anything with Nick Offerman is going to be kick ass.

I had no idea that Ray Kroc was such a sonofabitch though.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
The Founder is pretty decent. Michael Keaton was solid once again.

Very good supporting cast, John Carroll Lynch was excellent and well, anything with Nick Offerman is going to be kick ass.

I had no idea that Ray Kroc was such a sonofabitch though.
I know, right?

Shocking that some guy becomes ridiculously rich by being a cunt.

That's pretty much how it has to be done.

Top Bottom