Must See Movies

Carp

DCC 4Life
Pretty psyched for Pain and Gain...looks like a fun movie.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Long rumored and perhaps long overdue, it seems that a sequel to 2004's "Dodgeball" is finally moving forward. According to The Hollywood Reporter, studio 20th Century Fox and producer Ben Stiller's Red Hour Films have hired screenwriter Clay Tarver to write a script for the film. The premise? Obviously, the script still unwritten, things are still (mostly) up in the air at this point, although speculation points towards a story that would find Vince Vaughn and Stiller's formerly antagonistic characters teaming up to fight an enigmatic, even-more powerful enemy.

Tarver—who's only previous credit is the Paul Walker-led thriller "Joy Ride," co-written with J.J. Abrams (!)—is an increasingly hot commodity recently, with a couple different comedy scripts currently in development at Disney, including "Quantum Hoops," about Caltech's basketball team.

Meanwhile, does the modern classic "Dodgeball" really need a sequel? Is Vince Vaughn the same box office draw he was back in the early aughts? For that matter, is Stiller? Would "Dodgeball 2" have made way more sense in, say, 2007? Will Stiller ever make another original film? Rhetorical questions, all. More details as they become available...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Long rumored and perhaps long overdue, it seems that a sequel to 2004's "Dodgeball" is finally moving forward. According to The Hollywood Reporter, studio 20th Century Fox and producer Ben Stiller's Red Hour Films have hired screenwriter Clay Tarver to write a script for the film. The premise? Obviously, the script still unwritten, things are still (mostly) up in the air at this point, although speculation points towards a story that would find Vince Vaughn and Stiller's formerly antagonistic characters teaming up to fight an enigmatic, even-more powerful enemy.

Tarver—who's only previous credit is the Paul Walker-led thriller "Joy Ride," co-written with J.J. Abrams (!)—is an increasingly hot commodity recently, with a couple different comedy scripts currently in development at Disney, including "Quantum Hoops," about Caltech's basketball team.

Meanwhile, does the modern classic "Dodgeball" really need a sequel? Is Vince Vaughn the same box office draw he was back in the early aughts? For that matter, is Stiller? Would "Dodgeball 2" have made way more sense in, say, 2007? Will Stiller ever make another original film? Rhetorical questions, all. More details as they become available...
It's about damn time.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Finally got around to watching Argo and Zero Dark Thirty. I thought they were both really good, although I was a little underwhelmed by Argo. It was good, but not sure it was Best Picture Oscar good.

Newt

DCC 4Life
Pain and Gain was a pretty fun watch.
I want to go see this but I'm hearing alot of mixed reviews, I don't go to the movies often so I hate to waste a trip on a movie thats just OK. I do like The Rock and Marky Mark though. Is it worth seeing or should I wait for the DVD? This won't stop me from going to see Man of Steel or Iron Man 3, it would probably take the place of Hangover 3 though.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I'd wait for it on DVD...it was certainly fun though to see these complete morons pull off some pretty incredible stuff.

dallen

Senior Tech
Finally got around to watching Argo and Zero Dark Thirty. I thought they were both really good, although I was a little underwhelmed by Argo. It was good, but not sure it was Best Picture Oscar good.
Did you not see the part where they made Hollywood look all heroic and stuff? The Oscars lap that crap up

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Definite must sees for me:

Iron Man 3
Star Trek
Man of Steel

Might see:

The Wolverine
Kick Ass 2

That would more movies than I've went to see in the last 5 years combined probably.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Man of Steel the big one for me this summer. I do want to see the rest, with the exception of The Wolverine. Feh.

D

Deuce

I watched the latest trailer for Wolverine today. I just can't get into it with it being overseas with no other good characters.

Top Bottom