'Murica is quickly becoming a dysfunctional shithole but happy fourth I guess

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
I don't recall any players being fined or suspended for kneeling.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
The rest of the world thinks less of the US since a Trump election that’s correct but it’s not a big deal as you make it out to be I posted a link to them economist rating in 2005 and you’ll notice the US is also out of the top 10.
Regarding their “defense” Challenge, this is mostly self-imposed read the article by BB gun posted above this.
There are limits to freedom of speech even in the US, hate speech isn’t tolerated and you cannot yell fire in a crowded theater.
What good does freedom of speech actually bring if the president is questioning any bad press and calling it fake news.
Freedom of speech doesn’t give anyone the right to fabricate dishonest accounts and pass them off as truths This is what the media has been guilty of and it has been fabricated both at the media level as well as being leaked as being credible from various individuals in the government. The fake news is out and out lies and fabrication to attempt to destroy and overturn a legitimate election result.

data

Forbes #1
Besides, I called America the greatest country in the world.

Any quality of life index is only a snippet of the overall context.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
So, you think being fined for something you post on the internet is okay? Or even close to okay? Or is it much closer to fascism?
https://freedomhouse.org/report/freedom-net/2018/united-states

Reported arrests in relation to online activities in the past year include:
  • In December 2017, police arrested Christopher Daniels, also known as Rakem Balogun, in part because of his Facebook posts that Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) agents claimed advocated for violence against police.[SUP]105[/SUP] Members of his community accused the FBI of targeting Daniels as a “black identity extremist.” Daniels was indicted for unlawful possession of a firearm, but the charges were dropped in May.
  • On April 3, 2018, Manuel Duran, a journalist who runs the local Spanish-language news website Memphis Noticias, was arrested while covering an immigration protest.[SUP]106[/SUP] Charges against him were dropped but he was detained and held by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) officials after his hearing.
Police have periodically detained individuals who uploaded images or broadcasted live video of police activity with their phones, posing a threat to First Amendment protections.[SUP]107[/SUP] Most of the arrests have been made on unrelated charges, such as obstruction or resisting arrest, since openly filming police activity is a protected right. In July 2016, police in Louisiana detained store owner Abdullah Muflahi for six hours and confiscated his cellphone after he filmed the fatal shooting of Alton Sterling by police.[SUP]108[/SUP] Chris LeDay, a Georgia-based musician who shared another video of the same incident on Facebook, was arrested soon after for unpaid traffic fines.[SUP]109[/SUP] In contrast, in July 2017, federal courts upheld the right of bystanders to use their smartphones to record police actions.[SUP]110[/SUP]

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
You’ve touted Scandinavian countries ranked higher than the U.S.

That may be true for those Ken doll looking m’fers, but you and your brown skin tone? Different reality.

I can’t speak for you individually and maybe you’re okay that there’s probably only a handful of Mexicans in Scandinavia. Hell, I can’t even find any stats on it.
I don't remember having touted any country, all I did was link to sites that did research regarding best quality of life.
I've been to two Scandinavian countries and can't say I sensed any racism, though:
1. I was there as a tourist and spent a very short time, 4 days total.
2. I might not be as brown as you think, at least not that it stands out.

I do know of some of my countrymen that have migrated to Scandinavian countries, but you are right they are very few, that has to do with many causes like distance (it's pretty damn far from here), weather (from sunny Mexico to basically only 2 months of sunshine is pretty dramatic) and the fact that they can jump from 50's, 80's, 90's or whatever to a top 15 by just crossing the northern border. Where many already have friends and family.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
So nice to see #FvckTheFourth trending on Twitter :doh

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
That has to be a new low for the traditional networks. That even outdoes MSNBC.

Top Bottom