'Murica is quickly becoming a dysfunctional shithole but happy fourth I guess

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
Excluding Canada and Mexico...spent at least one week in each, I’ve traveled to nine countries.

Lot of beautiful countries out there that I’d happily live in, but when it comes to combination of career and comfort, America is the best.
Come on Phyllis you're better than this.
There's a big difference between living and vacationing. I've "lived" for over a month in different countries then, and couldn't really compare them. The "best country in the world" depends a lot on your situation (income, family status, etc.) and changes constantly. Right now I'm financially stable (some might consider it well off) and with two preteens. I'd be looking for a country with high grades on education and security if I could just pick and keep my status quo. Two areas that I wouldn't have given 2 shits about in my mid to late twenties.
If your goal is to become a billionaire then probably the USA is your best bet. If you want assurance that your families basic needs are covered and will always have a stable enviroment were to grow and develop happily apparently there are 12 better bets.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Come on Phyllis you're better than this.
There's a big difference between living and vacationing. I've "lived" for over a month in different countries then, and couldn't really compare them. The "best country in the world" depends a lot on your situation (income, family status, etc.) and changes constantly. Right now I'm financially stable (some might consider it well off) and with two preteens. I'd be looking for a country with high grades on education and security if I could just pick and keep my status quo. Two areas that I wouldn't have given 2 shits about in my mid to late twenties.
If your goal is to become a billionaire then probably the USA is your best bet. If you want assurance that your families basic needs are covered and will always have a stable enviroment were to grow and develop happily apparently there are 12 better bets.
LOL. Of course.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
Hyperbole much?

First one was a $500 fine, no mention of "locking up"
Second one mentions police asked to take down a video citing posible prosecution, no one arrested nor fined.
Third one also a fine to a public figure.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
America is the best country in da world!!!

— People who have never traveled abroad

This is the same rocket scientist who posted this gem: [h=2]'Murica is quickly becoming a dysfunctional shithole ...[/h]
Which is it? Or do you need a few moments to figure it out?

midswat

... soon
This is the same rocket scientist who posted this gem: 'Murica is quickly becoming a dysfunctional shithole ...

Which is it? Or do you need a few moments to figure it out?
You serious Clark?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not really sure how America is becoming a shithole. It's better than it's been in awhile. I can't really complain at all.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Not really sure how America is becoming a shithole. It's better than it's been in awhile. I can't really complain at all.
Economically speaking that’s true but the political makeup is dangerously close to putting all the positive things into a complete tilt. More than half of the political representation seated in Congress now are deliberately going against the progress that has been made and the areas that need attention. What is disturbing is the constituents of the seated political malcontents are are as willing to allow this to happen simply because political control is more important to them than the well being of the country.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Without getting into this too much... when you read into their methodology it's mostly perception from people, not so much fact based. And a lot of that perception is due to Trump being president, which is stupid. I was going to see what their rankings were before his election, but I guess they only started this in 2016.

Also, those small Scandinavian countries have a lot fewer challenges than we do on a lot of things. For one, those countries and Germany don't have to spend nearly what we do on defense, because we essentially pay for that and have for 70 years.

Like jsmith said, a huge factor for me is freedom of speech, which those places increasingly don't have thanks to PC.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Hyperbole much?

First one was a $500 fine, no mention of "locking up"
Second one mentions police asked to take down a video citing posible prosecution, no one arrested nor fined.
Third one also a fine to a public figure.
So, you think being fined for something you post on the internet is okay? Or even close to okay? Or is it much closer to fascism?

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
Without getting into this too much... when you read into their methodology it's mostly perception from people, not so much fact based. And a lot of that perception is due to Trump being president, which is stupid. I was going to see what their rankings were before his election, but I guess they only started this in 2016.

Also, those small Scandinavian countries have a lot fewer challenges than we do on a lot of things. For one, those countries and Germany don't have to spend nearly what we do on defense, because we essentially pay for that and have for 70 years.

Like jsmith said, a huge factor for me is freedom of speech, which those places increasingly don't have thanks to PC.
The rest of the world thinks less of the US since a Trump election that’s correct but it’s not a big deal as you make it out to be I posted a link to them economist rating in 2005 and you’ll notice the US is also out of the top 10.
Regarding their “defense” Challenge, this is mostly self-imposed read the article by BB gun posted above this.
There are limits to freedom of speech even in the US, hate speech isn’t tolerated and you cannot yell fire in a crowded theater.
What good does freedom of speech actually bring if the president is questioning any bad press and calling it fake news.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
So, you think being fined for something you post on the internet is okay? Or even close to okay? Or is it much closer to fascism?
Do you think being fined for kneeling during the national anthem is ok? Or even close to okay? Or is it much closer to fascism?

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Do you think being fined for kneeling during the national anthem is ok? Or even close to okay? Or is it much closer to fascism?
Wait....the US govt fined someone for that? You're gonna have to show your work here

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
You can't compare a private employers actions to that of the government. They are not even close to the same thing.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Top Bottom