X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Iamtdg View Post
    I have a Honeywell smart thermostat and I really like it.
    Yeah that's the other one I've been looking at. Pretty cool I get a $100 from the electric company for purchasing either of them.

Comment

Originally posted by mschmidt64 View Post
      Buying a new construction home, moving in next week. Probably will be stopping in here a bit.

Anyone know anything about staining furniture? Got some dining room chairs that need an espresso stain.
      What's a construction home? That is a new term to me.
      Since Day One

Comment

Originally posted by mschmidt64 View Post
        Buying a new construction home, moving in next week. Probably will be stopping in here a bit.

Anyone know anything about staining furniture? Got some dining room chairs that need an espresso stain.
        I would sand them down good with at least 220 grit sandpaper and use a tack cloth and air compressor to blow all of the dust off.

Then just get an old rag and dip in the stain and start covering the chair.

Staining is a lot like spray painting...you just want to apply a light layer.

You might want to have a small foam brush to catch any build up in the cracks or corners.

If it's not dark enough once it's dried, apply another light staining.

Once you're happy with the color it's time to poly.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
          Yeah that's the other one I've been looking at. Pretty cool I get a $100 from the electric company for purchasing either of them.
          The one I got is pretty cool. Full-on scheduling abilities. Ability to adjust it remotely from an app on your phone. I like it. Not sure how much the Nest is, but this one I got for like 50 bucks on a black Friday deal.
          2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

So essentially, someone else could control your thermostat.

I won't be having that shit in my home.

No internet-connected refrigerator, no smart device that controls my home's appliances.

Fuck every bit of that.

Those things aren't so time-consuming that I have to free up my schedule in such a manner to so heavily rely on technology to do it for me.

Comment

Originally posted by mcnuttz View Post

No internet-connected refrigerator, no smart device that controls my home's appliances.

Fuck every bit of that.

Those things aren't so time-consuming that I have to free up my schedule in such a manner to so heavily rely on technology to do it for me.
              If they can figure out my login I suppose they could. But, I wish them luck in that little venture.
              2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

If they can figure out my login I suppose they could. But, I wish them luck in that little venture.
                Is it loveyajerry ?
                Since Day One

Comment

Originally posted by L.T. Fan View Post
                  What's a construction home? That is a new term to me.
                  New construction home, means that the house he is buying is being built.

Comment

The one I got is pretty cool. Full-on scheduling abilities. Ability to adjust it remotely from an app on your phone. I like it. Not sure how much the Nest is, but this one I got for like 50 bucks on a black Friday deal.
                    Well you got a steal then. The new Honeywell one I was looking at is in the 220 range. The Nest is 250. But it has sensors that track what times of the day you are home or away and it uses all that information to tailor the home to your needs. Obviously connects to the wifi so that it can gather information about weather patterns that way. Some pretty crazy high tech smart home stuff. I think they both can connect and work with most smart home devices like an Echo as well.

Comment

Originally posted by mcnuttz View Post

Fuck every bit of that.

I thought you were about to drop a terminator reference. It's not lazy as much as it can be extra energy efficient. It can also alert you to problems, like if your home isn't heating or cooling properly. I must say though, I'm a sucker for this hi tech stuff. I'vw been thinking about getting the refrigerator with a camera inside that connects to the internet. The problem is I have a pretty new refrigerator already that is very nice. Seems like a waste.

Comment

I just bought and installed the Ring Pro. Motion-activated doorbell camera with ability to do live look-ins and two way speaker. Motion alerts and doorbell rings go straight to my phone and I can view live video feed and have conversation from wherever.

Took 30 minutes to install.

Comment

Haha, silly guy.

Comment

New construction home, means that the house he is buying is being built.
                            Okay thanks. Must be a regional thing. We used to term them custom or spec.
                            Since Day One

Comment

Originally posted by pdom View Post
                              I just bought and installed the Ring Pro. Motion-activated doorbell camera with ability to do live look-ins and two way speaker. Motion alerts and doorbell rings go straight to my phone and I can view live video feed and have conversation from wherever.

Took 30 minutes to install.
                              I have one of those also.
                              Since Day One

Comment

I thought you were about to drop a terminator reference. It's not lazy as much as it can be extra energy efficient. It can also alert you to problems, like if your home isn't heating or cooling properly. I must say though, I'm a sucker for this hi tech stuff. I'vw been thinking about getting the refrigerator with a camera inside that connects to the internet. The problem is I have a pretty new refrigerator already that is very nice. Seems like a waste.

Well yeah, eventually we're going to be so heavily reliant on smart devices that we're not gonna be good for shit.

And if it's network enabled, it can always be controlled by someone else.

Let's not get so lazy that we can't look in our own damn refrigerators before going grocery shopping.

Comment

Working...
                                X