Christmas Gifts 2015

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I know it's a few days late, but we always have one of these threads every Christmas, so I figured let's make another.

I got a new Kuerig 2.0, a watch, an FC Barcelona Nike T-Shirt and jacket, and a new mini fridge to put in my game room.

Not a bad haul....especially now since I think I appreciate these gifts more. As I've gotten older, I find more joy in giving out presents than receiving them.

Any of you doods get some cool stuff?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
No. We don't spend much for Christmas. We just buy throughout the year as we need (or want) something. Spend a little on kids and grand kids but nothing elaborate.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
So far, I have gotten two ties, a sweet ass coffee cup and also a nice pocket watch from my son. What I was able to give was much more important to me. We (my wife) transposed a couple of very old pictures onto canvas for my mother in law and my mom. Those are the two coolest things we were able to give this year.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Awesome coffee mug, boots, a couple of rash guards, some snacks, and a battery powered Cowboys light up sticker for the car.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
Witcher 4, a few ties, sweet hunting knife set, The Star Wars blu ray collection I've been hinting at for 3 years now, and a really cool carved wooden 66 Mustang Fastback like my current restoration project.

Carp

DCC 4Life
My daughter got her first job...so she could actually buy presents herself...she got me an awesome Darryl Strawberry throwback jersey.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I got a pretty sweet planer.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Texas Rangers Tickets was the main gift.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Texas Rangers Tickets was the main gift.
Hopefully I can get off work. That Houston series could be very important at that time of year.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Not sure you whole itinerary will fit in that, but maybe next year someone can get you a planner.

Amirite? :art
I hope so. It will be on my list next year.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
My guess would be... No.

I got a bunch of coyote hunting stuff. Along with an official Red Ryder carbine-action, two hundred shot Range Model air rifle with a compass in the stock. (Remington model 700 22-250.)

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
My guess would be... No.

I got a bunch of coyote hunting stuff. Along with an official Red Ryder carbine-action, two hundred shot Range Model air rifle with a compass in the stock. (Remington model 700 22-250.)
No moose meat? :art

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
My guess would be... No.

You'll shoot your eye out, dood.

Rev

Staff member
That's a pretty sweet gift.

As is this one.
Yep. My wife got me the Holiday 6 pack that includes a pair of tickets to the Yankees, Royals, and Astros series. Cant beat that grouping. Historic, defending WS team, and division rival. On top of that the rangers ticket office messed up and didnt get them on time so I get to choose another game as well. Going to be a blast.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Yep. My wife got me the Holiday 6 pack that includes a pair of tickets to the Yankees, Royals, and Astros series. Cant beat that grouping. Historic, defending WS team, and division rival. On top of that the rangers ticket office messed up and didnt get them on time so I get to choose another game as well. Going to be a blast.
Red Sox would be the game I would choose (not only because I'm a fan) because it would probably be the best matchup missing from that set.

Yankees, Red Sox, Royals, and Astros would fill up all the marquee matchups you could go to.

Rev

Staff member
Red Sox would be the game I would choose (not only because I'm a fan) because it would probably be the best matchup missing from that set.

Yankees, Red Sox, Royals, and Astros would fill up all the marquee matchups you could go to.
I thought about the Red Sox and they are in the running but I believe there is only 1 series in Arlington this year and its in the middle. I try to stay away from June, July, and August games there. They are just brutal. I thought about the opening home series because that should be real fun (even though its just the Mariners). They wont let me have opening day but the 2nd and 3rd games should be just as electric. Also, running into wanting to see Yu pitch live because I doubt the Rangers have him when he leaves in FA the season after next. That would mean after June 1st. Have a few more days to decide but thats part of where I am at.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I thought about the Red Sox and they are in the running but I believe there is only 1 series in Arlington this year and its in the middle. I try to stay away from June, July, and August games there. They are just brutal. I thought about the opening home series because that should be real fun (even though its just the Mariners). They wont let me have opening day but the 2nd and 3rd games should be just as electric. Also, running into wanting to see Yu pitch live because I doubt the Rangers have him when he leaves in FA the season after next. That would mean after June 1st. Have a few more days to decide but thats part of where I am at.
For the Rangers, a game/series against the Angels is also one to consider.

Top Bottom