Music Thread...

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Just fuckin' around on YouTube listening to late 1980s music and went down the rabbit hole with Living Colour, known for "Cult of Personality".

Turns out they have made new music lately and dammit, this is good shit.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Just fuckin' around on YouTube listening to late 1980s music and went down the rabbit hole with Living Colour, known for "Cult of Personality".

Turns out they have made new music lately and dammit, this is good shit.

Talent? Yes. But not my style and I have heard plenty of it when my son was growing up. I guess every generation has the best music ever heard.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Welcome to the group that is pushed back as being out of touch and irrelevant. :art
You are only as old as you feel.

I actually have some musical favorites in common with my son, stuff he has turned me onto, stuff I called his attention to.

The kid is now a Pink Floyd maniac, where a year ago, he wasn't.

I will admit, I am trying real hard and/or outright pretending to get into some of his. But I am trying, like really really hard.

It is more one sided as clearly, my music is better. For every Queen and Pink Floyd he gets, I end up with a Rag'n'Bone Man, Fink or The Weeknd.

Granted, I have decades of great music on my side.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I can really go with Queen and Pink Floyd. Queen May be the most innovative group in the business. Their creativity and execution are head and shoulders above most. Too bad the are not where they once were.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

I actually have some musical favorites in common with my son, stuff he has turned me onto, stuff I called his attention to.

I will admit, I am trying real hard and/or outright pretending to get into some of his. But I am trying, like really really hard.

It is more one sided as clearly, my music is better. For every Queen and Pink Floyd he gets, I end up with a Rag'n'Bone Man, Fink or The Weeknd.

My son is really into Post Malone. I'm not sure where to go from here.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I can really go with Queen and Pink Floyd. Queen May be the most innovative group in the business. Their creativity and execution are head and shoulders above most. Too bad the are not where they once were.
They aren't Queen without Freddie Mercury.

BTW, I am pretty stoked for the movie coming out about him soon.

BipolarFuk

Demoted

RagnBone Man isn't awful.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
:lol

It's true, though. The other day I had a true dad moment. I caught myself thinking, "What the hell kinda noise is that boy listening to?" :lol

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I don't know any one of those you guys mentioned.

My kid is 4 so he's only listening to basically songs from kids shows and whatnot.

I have a feeling I'll be wishing for those days back in the not too distant future.

Top Bottom