Video Game Chatter

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Red Dead Redemption 2 hands on previews are out.

The game sounds ridiculous. Completely amazing and detailed. Unparalleled, unprecedented.

Go read some previews. Do yourself a favor.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
A lot of the pacing, camera, hand to hand combat and gun play, and graphics of this game reminds me of 2013's The Last of Us.

Not surprising that 2013 is when GTA V released, and Rockstar probably kicked RDR2 into high gear at that time.

Not putting them down; but I'm observing that they probably took heavy notes from LoU, as it was game of the generation, and it's atmosphere, brutal up-close violence, and stealth mechanics and hand to hand action were a big part of it's allure.

5 years later, being able to implement a ridiculously open and detailed world that duplicates or improves on the high notes of the Last of Us, that is really something else.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I just downloaded and started playing the new Spider-man game earlier this week. I've only put a few hours into it so far but at this point it's been a really solid game. I love the open world aspect of it.

My only complaint about it is punches & kicks from common street thugs, particularly the bigger ones, take down way too much of your health bar. Spider-man has super human strength and can take big hits from super-villains, but you're telling me that 4 or 5 kicks from some common street thug will kill him? GTFOH with that nonsense.

The web slinging, wall runs, etc. took me a while to get used to but after a couple of hours of game play it now feels natural.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
A lot of the pacing, camera, hand to hand combat and gun play, and graphics of this game reminds me of 2013's The Last of Us.

Not surprising that 2013 is when GTA V released, and Rockstar probably kicked RDR2 into high gear at that time.

Not putting them down; but I'm observing that they probably took heavy notes from LoU, as it was game of the generation, and it's atmosphere, brutal up-close violence, and stealth mechanics and hand to hand action were a big part of it's allure.

5 years later, being able to implement a ridiculously open and detailed world that duplicates or improves on the high notes of the Last of Us, that is really something else.
I'm literally counting down the days for this game to come out. I don't even want to play anything else right now. No reason to start something else right now.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
D

Deuce

RDRII came with 2 discs, one to load the data and 1 to play. This is going to be massive.

D

Deuce

Yep I just bought it, waiting for my work day to end to play it though.
Unless you’re downloading the content during work, don’t be too hyped when you get home. I had to create room and now I have a 111 minute wait for all the content to download. And that’s not even counting any updates they may have put out.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Unless you’re downloading the content during work, don’t be too hyped when you get home. I had to create room and now I have a 111 minute wait for all the content to download. And that’s not even counting any updates they may have put out.
I bought the CD on this one. My friend downloaded and said it was like 90 gigs. I'm guessing it's going to take awhile even with CDs though.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I bought the CD on this one. My friend downloaded and said it was like 90 gigs. I'm guessing it's going to take awhile even with CDs though.
Yeah took me about 45 min even with the Disk.

Game world is a little smaller than GTA5. Mildly disappointing. I was hoping it’d be bigger. I know, you are walking and riding a horse instead of driving or flying, but I still wanted it to be bigger than GTA5’s world, so it would be absolutely massive.

Oh well, I’ll still love the game.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah took me about 45 min even with the Disk.

Game world is a little smaller than GTA5. Mildly disappointing. I was hoping it’d be bigger. I know, you are walking and riding a horse instead of driving or flying, but I still wanted it to be bigger than GTA5’s world, so it would be absolutely massive.

Oh well, I’ll still love the game.
Yeah it's such a deep game though it's crazy. I'll probably beat the game and have no idea half the shit I could have done along the way. I'm still in the middle of Chapter II and have done minimal hunting and real exploring.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I feel like I'm early in Chapter 2, which is essentially the beginning since Chapter 1 is the non-open world tutorial, basically. But I'm about 9-10 hours in and I feel like almost all of what I've done is hunting, gun customization, trying to make some money, finding new horses, upgrading the camp, etc.

I've done very few missions. I did the bar fight mission. I did the loan shark collecting one for Strauss. I did two with Hosea -- the hunting one and then the one where you rob the carriage and unlock the fence. I think that's all, really.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I feel like I'm early in Chapter 2, which is essentially the beginning since Chapter 1 is the non-open world tutorial, basically. But I'm about 9-10 hours in and I feel like almost all of what I've done is hunting, gun customization, trying to make some money, finding new horses, upgrading the camp, etc.

I've done very few missions. I did the bar fight mission. I did the loan shark collecting one for Strauss. I did two with Hosea -- the hunting one and then the one where you rob the carriage and unlock the fence. I think that's all, really.
Yeah the big money comes from the missions from what I have seen. Plus Chapter 2's missions are also somewhat of a tutorial. You have to do some of them to unlock the ability to steal stage coaches and stuff like that. You have to do another one to open up the stables.

The nice thing is I've racked up a decent amount of cash while still upgrading the camp.

D

Deuce

There’s a good one where you spring Micah from jail, but it’s in the territory where you’re already wanted so I died about 3 times trying to travel there.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I didn't realize Micah was in jail. He was around in the intro. I know a couple of the guys -- Sean or something? -- is in jail apparently. I have the Javier Escuella mission to go down to blackwater and do the jail break. I haven't tried it yet... probably next time I play, tonite or tomorrow maybe.

Top Bottom