Video Game Chatter

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
It's as if there really is a God and he's laughing at me. Got the XBOne home, hooked it up, won't get past the initial software update. Keeps getting to 80% and stopping, saying there is a problem with the update.

:lol

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
He knows...creeping you online already.

You sonofabitch.

I was actually going to make a joke on how EZ got the XB1 and now I can't see what games he's playing.

I think you and I look at the same star at night.

:unsure

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
It's as if there really is a God and he's laughing at me. Got the XBOne home, hooked it up, won't get past the initial software update. Keeps getting to 80% and stopping, saying there is a problem with the update.

Never too late to place that order with Amazon.

:art

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
Never too late to place that order with Amazon.

:art
Apparently it's a known issue with the initial set up.

I supposedly can fix it with a software update from a thumb drive, which I am working on now.

Not off to a great start, Microsoft!

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I just can't get an Xbox...no Show.
All jokes aside, that's what it comes down to for me - the games.

Most of my favorite games/franchises that I follow are on Playstation:

Uncharted/Last of Us, God of War, The Show, Infamous, Socom, Killzone - these are only on Playstation.

Xbox has some solid exclusives like Halo, Fable, Forza, and Gears of War, but of that list, the only one I care for is Gears and War but it's not enough to make me buy the console for it.

I had an original Xbox, but I found that it didn't offer me much of a difference from the PS2, so when the 360 came out, I was tempted to get it because it was out a whole year before PS3, but I decided to wait. And while XBL was definitely superior to PSN during the PS3/360 era, it was worth the wait because all my friends I played multiplayer games with had a PS3.

Whether it was COD/BF or playing in the DCC Madden/NCAA leagues, all that was done on PS3 so I've never really had any reason to get an Xbox.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester

I supposedly can fix it with a software update from a thumb drive, which I am working on now.

While you chose poorly, I'm still willing to look out for my gaming brethren. :art

MS has a sale on XBL Gold subscriptions....only 40 bucks.

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/Xbox-Live-12-Month-Gold-Membership/productID.288505400?ClickID=ayyn0tplyw0tyly5o599ntrvkoap0apntllr

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
Got it working...posting from it now, actually.

Can't figure out how to get free games via xbox live, but it's pretty sweet otherwise.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I chose Ryse as my first game purchase.
Of all the XB1 launch games, that was the one that I wished was on PS4.....until I saw it got a bunch of bad reviews.

How are you liking it?

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Got it working...posting from it now, actually.

Can't figure out how to get free games via xbox live, but it's pretty sweet otherwise.
The free games thing is new for XBL, so there may not be many to choose from at first.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Fuck it, I'm getting both. Xbox one now and ps4 a few months from now.
I will be more inclined to do that when I have cable TV, as the Xb1 is great for media. But that could be a year away. For now the PS4 fits me better.

Smitty

DCC 4Life

To be fair, my PS4 also bricked on initial setup. Had to send it in for service.

That kinda stuff just happens with launch era consoles.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
To be fair, my PS4 also bricked on initial setup. Had to send it in for service.

That kinda stuff just happens with launch era consoles.
Main reason I won't be buying mine until the spring.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Schmitty, did you ever download any of the Infamous games on PS3 via PS+?

The new one, Infamous: Second Son, looks really good and will be coming out next month.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Main reason I won't be buying mine until the spring.
Ah, so you plan on getting one eventually?

I hope that Madden eventually makes enough progress on next-gen for us to entertain doing another Madden league some day, but we definitely need more peeps to get a next-gen console.

Top Bottom