Video Game Chatter

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Anyone playing Baldur's Gate 3?

Developers nailed it.
Yes I play that one. Very well done with lots to do. Even sexy time if you want. :unsure I've played since release so have a lot of hours on the game but haven't finished it. I could have by now but I like to do all of the things and play all of the different type of characters.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes I play that one. Very well done with lots to do. Even sexy time if you want. :unsure I've played since release so have a lot of hours on the game but haven't finished it. I could have by now but I like to do all of the things and play all of the different type of characters.
Yeah I have this tendency with games. I find that if I finish them I have a hard time going back and completing anything. So a lot of times I'll leave the end unfinished while I go through and do other stuff. Essentially just putting off the inevitable.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Same, I'm on third playthrough and each one has 30%-40% new content plus a new perspective on the rest

That, and rock solid gameplay and graphics

Rev

Staff member
Same, I'm on third playthrough and each one has 30%-40% new content plus a new perspective on the rest

That, and rock solid gameplay and graphics
So have you tried Honor mode? There are even people doing playthroughs with no companions. Completely solo.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
So have you tried Honor mode? There are even people doing playthroughs with no companions. Completely solo.
No, I've stayed with tactician mode.

Honor mode is nuts, but those folks totally love the game and appreciate the challenge, so to each his own.

The solo thing... yeah, that's totally out of control :) . Some people get off on the bullshit hacks it takes to make that work like putting together specific gear they know in advance the locations of/how to acquire because they've played before or looked them up online. Not me :)

Rev

Staff member
Everything I've seen and heard is that it's extremely woke. I just don't have any interest in that.
I don't get that at all. Perhaps it's there and I just ignore it and play something enjoyable. Let that nonsense fall on deaf ears.

Rev

Staff member
I played the first 30 minutes and it was so gay. I refunded it on Steam.

Does it get less gay?
Riveting review.

Doubt it's your kind of game so it won't matter.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I played the first 30 minutes and it was so gay. I refunded it on Steam.

Does it get less gay?
LOL

All I can say is it's gay if you make it gay

The supporting characters are horny as Hell and will hit on you irrespective of gender.

Just say no :lol, one and done

My characters have chosen to pursue the hetero path.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Riveting review.

Doubt it's your kind of game so it won't matter.
Generally a big AAA Magic open world game is totally my thing. And I played most of, but never finished, Larian’s last game Divinity 2. And enjoyed it way more than this. The tone was just too corny.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Generally a big AAA Magic open world game is totally my thing. And I played most of, but never finished, Larian’s last game Divinity 2. And enjoyed it way more than this. The tone was just too corny.
Divinity Original Sin 2 was an awesome game. BG3 is just as good, and with very well-scripted characters.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I could see the cheesy part of it. I've never played but have watched a few clips. Definitely not a serious tone to the game.

Anyone play Dragon Dogma 2 yet? I've been thinking about it. Not sure I have the time to wonder around like the game desires though. I don't think it gives you much direction. I love open world but is it possibly too open?

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I'm currently replaying the Final Fantasy 7 remake before jumping into the recently released FF7 Rebirth.

Anyone besides me play the new Final Fantasy 7 games yet?

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I'm currently replaying the Final Fantasy 7 remake before jumping into the recently released FF7 Rebirth.

Anyone besides me play the new Final Fantasy 7 games yet?
No but I am waiting.... and waiting.... and waiting... for the Suikoden 1 and 2 remaster for PC.

Top Bottom