Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Video Game Chatter

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by mschmidt64 View Post
    Yeah took me about 45 min even with the Disk.

    Game world is a little smaller than GTA5. Mildly disappointing. I was hoping it’d be bigger. I know, you are walking and riding a horse instead of driving or flying, but I still wanted it to be bigger than GTA5’s world, so it would be absolutely massive.

    Oh well, I’ll still love the game.
    Yeah it's such a deep game though it's crazy. I'll probably beat the game and have no idea half the shit I could have done along the way. I'm still in the middle of Chapter II and have done minimal hunting and real exploring.

    Comment


    • I feel like I'm early in Chapter 2, which is essentially the beginning since Chapter 1 is the non-open world tutorial, basically. But I'm about 9-10 hours in and I feel like almost all of what I've done is hunting, gun customization, trying to make some money, finding new horses, upgrading the camp, etc.

      I've done very few missions. I did the bar fight mission. I did the loan shark collecting one for Strauss. I did two with Hosea -- the hunting one and then the one where you rob the carriage and unlock the fence. I think that's all, really.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by mschmidt64 View Post
        I feel like I'm early in Chapter 2, which is essentially the beginning since Chapter 1 is the non-open world tutorial, basically. But I'm about 9-10 hours in and I feel like almost all of what I've done is hunting, gun customization, trying to make some money, finding new horses, upgrading the camp, etc.

        I've done very few missions. I did the bar fight mission. I did the loan shark collecting one for Strauss. I did two with Hosea -- the hunting one and then the one where you rob the carriage and unlock the fence. I think that's all, really.
        Yeah the big money comes from the missions from what I have seen. Plus Chapter 2's missions are also somewhat of a tutorial. You have to do some of them to unlock the ability to steal stage coaches and stuff like that. You have to do another one to open up the stables.

        The nice thing is I've racked up a decent amount of cash while still upgrading the camp.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by mschmidt64 View Post
          I feel like I'm early in Chapter 2, which is essentially the beginning since Chapter 1 is the non-open world tutorial, basically. But I'm about 9-10 hours in and I feel like almost all of what I've done is hunting, gun customization, trying to make some money, finding new horses, upgrading the camp, etc.

          I've done very few missions. I did the bar fight mission. I did the loan shark collecting one for Strauss. I did two with Hosea -- the hunting one and then the one where you rob the carriage and unlock the fence. I think that's all, really.
          There’s a good one where you spring Micah from jail, but it’s in the territory where you’re already wanted so I died about 3 times trying to travel there.

          Comment


          • I didn't realize Micah was in jail. He was around in the intro. I know a couple of the guys -- Sean or something? -- is in jail apparently. I have the Javier Escuella mission to go down to blackwater and do the jail break. I haven't tried it yet... probably next time I play, tonite or tomorrow maybe.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by mschmidt64 View Post
              I didn't realize Micah was in jail. He was around in the intro. I know a couple of the guys -- Sean or something? -- is in jail apparently. I have the Javier Escuella mission to go down to blackwater and do the jail break. I haven't tried it yet... probably next time I play, tonite or tomorrow maybe.
              Yeah the Sean one isn't technically a jail you break him from.

              I'd recommend covering your face before you break anyone from jail though. I made a mistake and didn't do that. Now I've got a $300.00 bounty on my head from that territory. Fun mission but a lot of men died. The end result though was great. You get to duel wield pistols after that.

              I also recommend the gunslinger missions if you want to get some nice new pistols.

              Comment


              • Yeah I did the Emmett Granger one and got his revolver.

                Though frankly, I upgraded the Cattleman revolver to the 7" barrel, gave it blue steel and a pearl pistol grip. It looks like an exact replica of the Colt Single Action Army, it's so sexy I don't think I can stop using it.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by mschmidt64 View Post
                  Yeah I did the Emmett Granger one and got his revolver.

                  Though frankly, I upgraded the Cattleman revolver to the 7" barrel, gave it blue steel and a pearl pistol grip. It looks like an exact replica of the Colt Single Action Army, it's so sexy I don't think I can stop using it.
                  Yeah but when you get to use two at the same time you'll want more than just the cattleman revolver. Unless you choose to not use the duel wielding ability.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by mschmidt64 View Post
                    Hmmm, I don't really have a set of instructions, per se. I use a youtube Channel from a guy named ETA Prime. This is his most relevant video for general installation, but he's got tons of specific vids.

                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QcC...R&index=3&t=0s

                    Here are some internet set up articles I found helpful:

                    https://www.pcworld.com/article/3190...n-console.html
                    https://howchoo.com/g/n2qyzdk5zdm/bu...tro-gaming-rig

                    Here is a list of the parts I bought:

                    The Raspberry Pi 3 Model B: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
                    You can get a B+, which runs slightly faster, but I've heard that's not really necessary. When the 4 comes out, whenever that is, they will be able to do a lot better with the N64 games and newer, but for now, the 3 does run MOST N64 games and many PS1 games.

                    You can also find "kits" on Amazon that come with many or most accessories, but I liked this specific case my friend had, so I get everything piecemeal.

                    Here's the case: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

                    You need a 2.5 amp power supply. I recommend one with an on/off power switch so that you can turn the system off that way besides powering it down in the OS: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

                    You need a "class 10" microSD card. I got a 64 GB. Many people are saying that if all you want is NES, SNES, Genesis, the older systems, you are just fine with a 16GB or even a 32 GB could be overkill. Other people seem to be saying they can fill up a 64GB or even push capacity on a 128GB when they have "all" the games even from the PS1 era, which are much larger. I doubt I'll ever get "complete" collections from the PS1/N64 era, I just don't care that much for most of the games besides the classics, so I went middle of the road with this 64GB, which for me, is still probably overkill: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

                    You can use pretty much any USB or even bluetooth controller with the Raspberry Pi 3 because it has on-board Bluetooth and on-board wifi built in, but I wanted to be tech nerdy and instead of using my existing PS4 controllers, I went out and bought two highly rated retro controllers, one cheap one and one expensive one, to really sell the experience. The first has USB and bluetooth and is more expensive, the second is just usb and is relatively cheap. I haven't received the second one yet; and I'll say this about the more expensive one: It feels relatively tiny, and I'm not thrilled with the responsiveness over bluetooth, though it IS functional. I may try with it plugged in instead and see if it's any faster.

                    1) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
                    2) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

                    I also got this wifi/USB keyboard pad. Many times you need a keyboard to be hooked up (for set up, and even some roms require keyboard input, like with MAME arcade emulators, apparently, you need the keyboard to exit the emulator at all). Better to have this little portable thing than having to lug around a full size keyboard to attach to it all the time: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

                    Finally, I got this carrying case from Amazon, hasn't arrived yet, but I anticipate all the accessories will fit in here nicely (with the possible exception of the keyboard, but I think it will fit also), so I can carry it all around in one package: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
                    Hey [MENTION=24]mschmidt64[/MENTION], I'm getting this for my brother for Christmas... do you have any updates (i.e. which controller works best)?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by P_T View Post
                      Hey [MENTION=24]mschmidt64[/MENTION], I'm getting this for my brother for Christmas... do you have any updates (i.e. which controller works best)?
                      Ironically, a Dualshock4 seems to be the best. I spent money on blue tooth retro controllers and they aren't great.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by mschmidt64 View Post
                        Ironically, a Dualshock4 seems to be the best. I spent money on blue tooth retro controllers and they aren't great.
                        Ok, cool... thanks.

                        Comment


                        • Reached the Epilogue in RDR2 last night. Still some stuff to do, but overall the game was kind of meh to me. Great graphics as expected, but voice acting was average and the story matched it. RDR1 was vastly superior.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Deuce View Post
                            Reached the Epilogue in RDR2 last night. Still some stuff to do, but overall the game was kind of meh to me. Great graphics as expected, but voice acting was average and the story matched it. RDR1 was vastly superior.
                            I feel like you rushed it too much. I feel like this is a game that you sort of have to savor as you go and slow play the main storyline.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post

                              I feel like you rushed it too much. I feel like this is a game that you sort of have to savor as you go and slow play the main storyline.
                              I did every side quest as well, I just put a lot of hours in. In somewhere around 90% completion and Iím now just looking for random animals to identify.

                              As I stated, the graphics are top notch but I donít see what else there is to ďsavorĒ. Oh, and the ending to the Epilogue is dumb.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Deuce View Post

                                I did every side quest as well, I just put a lot of hours in. In somewhere around 90% completion and Iím now just looking for random animals to identify.

                                As I stated, the graphics are top notch but I donít see what else there is to ďsavorĒ. Oh, and the ending to the Epilogue is dumb.
                                I just got to the Epilogue myself and I mostly agree with you.

                                The game could have and should have been so much better. But there's so much fluff that doesn't really add to the experience and Rockstar games are in desperate need of overhauling their mechanics.

                                The most annoying shit in the world is doing a mission that leaves you on the other side of the galaxy and now you have to ride the dam horse for 10 minutes or more just to get back to an area where you can perform another mission or action.

                                And why do I have to walk at a super slow pace whenever I'm in camp? It's 2018 for crying out loud.....these sorts of restrictions shouldn't be in a game anymore.

                                The world is beautiful, yes. But don't force me to interact with it. If I want to see it and explore it, I will. Putting me in situations where I have to do so for no other reason but because you want me to look at all the work you did is dumb.

                                The ending to the main story was very disappointing, but par for the course with the way the rest of the game went.

                                Creating technical marvels is cool and all, but Rockstar needs to stop reading their press clippings so much and start putting more substance to all that style.

                                I'm glad GoW won the game of the year and rightfully so. From start to finish, it was an amazing experience that never let up.

                                RDR has its wonderful moments, but it always shoots itself in the foot when the game slows down to a crawl or forces you to do things you don't want to.

                                RDR1 was better.
                                2013 DCC Fantasy Football Champeen

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X