Video Game Chatter

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Gonna get all computer game video nerdy, now.

Mountains are usually used as artificial borders in a game in an open world game. Sometimes there are some higher areas you can cliimb. Skyrim, for example, had some mountains in the game world.

But I really hope this game has a mountain chain that you can get over the other side and have an entirely new landmass over there.

Carp

DCC 4Life
2K18 sucks a bunch of dicks. They have to patch it because the shooting is way off.

midswat

... soon
The only game I ever play is NCAA 2013 anymore. I didn't like how they changed recruiting in the 2014 version.

But has anyone ever heard they might be coming out with a new NCAA football game? I thought I remembered reading some kickstart company was working on one back in 2016 or so. Anyone ever hear about that or any updates? Or will EA ever come out with one?

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
The only game I ever play is NCAA 2013 anymore. I didn't like how they changed recruiting in the 2014 version.

But has anyone ever heard they might be coming out with a new NCAA football game? I thought I remembered reading some kickstart company was working on one back in 2016 or so. Anyone ever hear about that or any updates? Or will EA ever come out with one?
No news on that front at all.

I still play 2014 since it was the last version to come out and OS still comes out with new rosters every season. Needless to say, I miss having a new NCAA to play.

I think the all the red tape cutting that would be required to make a licensed NCAA game is going to make it unlikely that we ever see one ever again.

I can see a "college" football game where teams aren't licensed and they simply go with the Madden pre-NFL license route where the cities and team colors match the school of that city, but an actual NCAA-licensed game?

Doubtful.

D

Deuce

No news on that front at all.

I still play 2014 since it was the last version to come out and OS still comes out with new rosters every season. Needless to say, I miss having a new NCAA to play.

I think the all the red tape cutting that would be required to make a licensed NCAA game is going to make it unlikely that we ever see one ever again.

I can see a "college" football game where teams aren't licensed and they simply go with the Madden pre-NFL license route where the cities and team colors match the school of that city, but an actual NCAA-licensed game?

Doubtful.
As long as there's an edit function so you can change player and school names/numbers, I'd be all for it. One OS update will have it all set up.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
As long as there's an edit function so you can change player and school names/numbers, I'd be all for it. One OS update will have it all set up.
Yes, and that's basically what Pro Evolution Soccer has been doing for years.

It's the best soccer game by far, but it loses out in sales because it lacks licensing. But because of that, they provide an excellent editor so you get all of the teams, players, and stadiums anyway.

There are some really talented people out there that make this stuff look even better than it does in FIFA with their official licenses, so I'm sure there would be a community who could do the same for a college football game.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Shit you had to find the custom rosters for names on players anyway. It's not that much different really.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
So I need a new video game where I can kill some shit. Between Assassin's Creed Origins and Shadows of War, which game should I get?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
So I need a new video game where I can kill some shit. Between Assassin's Creed Origins and Shadows of War, which game should I get?
Pac Man.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Origins is story based, so you are not really killing shit. Just some of the time.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Origins is story based, so you are not really killing shit. Just some of the time.
Yeah but Assasins Creed always turns into me just killing everything. I suck at sneaking so I just jump in and kill. Same thing with Shadow of Mordor. Mostly just enjoyed the combat.

Although last time I played Assasins Creed was Black Flag which was fun because I just built my pirate ship up.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Well then I’d suggest replaying the Witcher 3 until Red Dead Redemption 2 comes out.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well then I’d suggest replaying the Witcher 3 until Red Dead Redemption 2 comes out.
Yeah Witcher 3 was a blast but I don't think I have it in me to replay it.

I am super excited for Red Dead Redemption 2, I just need something to get me through until then.

midswat

... soon
Not much of a gamer at all but that Red Dead Redemption video looked cool. I only have a PS3, mostly for my kids, but I might drop by gamestop and buy the original. Never played it.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
I only have an Xbox 360. Is it worth getting the newer Xbox One X?

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Not much of a gamer at all but that Red Dead Redemption video looked cool. I only have a PS3, mostly for my kids, but I might drop by gamestop and buy the original. Never played it.
The original is one of the best games of the last generation. It's probably in my top 5-10 games all time. It's excellent.

Top Bottom