Great Comedians Thread

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Funny, I think it’s the opposite. Most of Pryor’s movies are either hokey or just bad. When Brewster’s Millions is the best you can offer, you’re movie career is meh.

At least Murphy had Beverly Hills Cop and 48 Hours.
Agreed. The Beverly Hills Cop run was greatness.

D

Deuce

Just off the top of my head, along with Brewster's Millions, The Toy and Harlem Knights were great.
Harlem Nights was great....but I think more of Eddie Murphy being great in it than Pryor.

The Toy...ehhh...it’s okay to me.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Supposedly Eddie Murphy is in negotiations with Netflix to do some new stand up specials.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Definitely putting this on my must watch list now

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Definitely putting this on my must watch list now
Vice is trash. Good on Chappelle for not caving to the outrage mob.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Still the GOAT. And it is full of gay jokes, child abuse, laughing at Puerto Rican women with mustaches and welfare kids.

Sheik

DCC 4Life

Still the GOAT. And it is full of gay jokes, child abuse, laughing at Puerto Rican women with mustaches and welfare kids.
And if he comes back and he's not the same dude, he should have just continued his shitty movie career.

Sheik

DCC 4Life

It's been 12-15 years since I've watched his specials, same with Pryor, but one or maybe both of them used to get on Cosby a little. I'm pretty sure it was Murphy. There's some new material there and I hope he uses it.

junk

Not So New Member
And if he comes back and he's not the same dude, he should have just continued his shitty movie career.
His earlier stuff was great, but he came back on the SNL 40th anniversary special, it was pretty sad.

Articles online seem to imply he has the yips in front of audiences.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
His earlier stuff was great, but he came back on the SNL 40th anniversary special, it was pretty sad.

Articles online seem to imply he has the yips in front of audiences.
That’s interesting. I didn’t watch it. SNL is too political for me, so I try to avoid it.

I could forgive him if he bombs because he just doesn’t have the craft anymore. I just can’t picture a world where Eddie Murphy’s stand up routine is something a SJW could get behind.

I want an Eddie Murphy to tell everyone it’s okay to laugh at fags and point out differences in the races and genders.

People need to chill out and laugh at shit again.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Got around to watching Chappelle's Sticks and Stones and it was outstanding.

Funny thing about Netflix's description. "Defiant" stand-up.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Dude is now on the social justice mob watch list for this infraction of the rules.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Dude is now on the social justice mob watch list for this infraction of the rules.
They're still pissed we aren't listening to them :lol

Top Bottom