TV Thread

D

Deuce

He's supposed to be an executive producer.

It is hard for me to believe he thinks some of this shit in the show is a good idea.
He is, but I've heard a lot of interviews with him where he and the other producers talk about how much input he has on the writers. He's completely in on what they are doing because he thinks the story is great, yet he likes doing something different since it doesn't completely follow the books.

Carl

RIP Brother
What happened to Mad Men last night. Is boring the correct word, or did I miss something?

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
I think that if you have never read TWD comics, then the show is probably amazing. But it sucks IMO, as a fan of the comics.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I read a little...I got this massive book that has a shit ton of the comics in it, but I kind of purposely put it off because I want to keep them separate.

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
I read a little...I got this massive book that has a shit ton of the comics in it, but I kind of purposely put it off because I want to keep them separate.
It's not a bad idea, because they are getting so far off point now that it really brings the story down if you already know the comics.

EZ22

The One Who Knocks

They could be doing stuff like this. Instead we get Andrea watching Milton slowly turn into a zombie instead of trying to escape as quick as possible.
This is actually really good for what it is.

Jiggyfly

Banned
What happened to Mad Men last night. Is boring the correct word, or did I miss something?
I looked at it as a lot of table setting, but I can see it being considered boring.

They will have to gain some momentum pretty quickly over the next couple of episodes.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Orphan Black on BBCAmerica is a good show so far, I am 2 episodes in and it looks like a winner.

Carl

RIP Brother
I looked at it as a lot of table setting, but I can see it being considered boring.

They will have to gain some momentum pretty quickly over the next couple of episodes.
Agreed on the table setting point, good way to put it.

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
"Breaking Bad" will come to an end when its final eight episodes air this summer, but AMC is reportedly considering another way to keep the franchise going.

According to Deadline, the network and series producer Sony TV are mulling a spin-off centered on Bob Odinkirk's character, shady criminal lawyer Saul Goodman.

The project is in the early stages, Deadline added, so there are no deals yet in place. But the idea is reportedly being developed by "Breaking Bad" creator Vince Gilligan and writer-producer Peter Gould.

Odinkirk's character (and his "Better Call Saul!" tagline) has been a regular fixture on the show since he was first introduced in season 2.

Tell us: Would you watch a Saul-centric "Breaking Bad" spin-off?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I don't think that will last. I don't think his character can carry it.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Agreed on the table setting point, good way to put it.
I think they could have done a lot more with the 2 hours, but I was satisfied with just catching up.

What the hell was up with Betty talking about raping the 15 year old, that shit was certainly bizarre even for her.:lol

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeah that would be a totally different show.

Don't see many Breaking Bad fans being excited about it.
I love the character, I question how on earth they could make a series about it.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
There are several pretty decent shows on now...The Following, Bates Motel and Hannibal. I just question their staying power.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Hannibal keeps getting better and better. Mads Mikkelson, the guy who plays Hannibal, does so many subtle little glances and reactions...conveys menace and deception well. I just with it was on at 9, staying up until 11 kills me nowadays.

Top Bottom