TV Thread

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Holy shit, I never knew I needed this in my life.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Was searching around for something new to watch and ended up on Pennyworth, it's an origin story for Bruce Wayne's Alfred. Two episodes in now and highly recommend.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Just watched the first few episodes of The Righteous Gemstones. I am digging it.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
I’m so excited that season 5 of The Peaky Blinders is almost here!!!!!!!

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Fleabag was pretty enjoyable. I thought the "4th wall" thing would become annoying, but she didn't overuse it.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Anyone checked out Watchmen?

I have to admit, they really took it in a different direction. I just don't know how well it will work out.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

I have to admit, they really took it in a different direction. I just don't know how well it will work out.
Currently catching up on Peaky Blinders but want to give it a chance next

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

I have watched the first two episodes and I was disappointed as to the background they used to create the onset of the series. I was looking forward to what would be the global catalyst to bring them about. It seems obvious now that the producers are using the current racial divide to make their statement about the birth of the group in times past. I will still watch it although the only super hero element seems to be Dr Manhattan. I don’t think these comments need be cloaked because one would need to see it to understand what I am saying.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have watched the first two episodes and I was disappointed as to the background they used to create the onset of the series. I was looking forward to what would be the global catalyst to bring them about. It seems obvious now that the producers are using the current racial divide to make their statement about the birth of the group in times past. I will still watch it although the only super hero element seems to be Dr Manhattan. I don’t think these comments need be cloaked because one would need to see it to understand what I am saying.
I like it so far but I'm not a comic book person.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Yeah, I've already signed up for that Disney+ service. Looking forward to the new Star Trek series "Picard" on CBS (All Access) too.
How does this stuff work? Do they release it all at once so people can binge?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
How does this stuff work? Do they release it all at once so people can binge?
The Disney one is not going to be that way. You will have to wait weekly or all the way after the season is over to binge.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Yeah, I've already signed up for that Disney+ service. Looking forward to the new Star Trek series "Picard" on CBS (All Access) too.

I'm more hyped for this than Rise of Skywalker

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Shameless is back tomorrow. :towel
I haven’t completely gotten caught up but may have to make an extra effort with the new season coming out.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

I'm more hyped for this than Rise of Skywalker
Okay.

Lookit, I am not a Star Wars geek. So help me out.

Talk to me like Empire/Return is the only thing I know.

So it is a story about Boba Fett and the bounty hunters?

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Okay.

Lookit, I am not a Star Wars geek. So help me out.

Talk to me like Empire/Return is the only thing I know.

So it is a story about Boba Fett and the bounty hunters?
Here's one of the writeups on what we know about it so far-
[h=2]What is the plot of The Mandalorian?[/h]
For those unfamiliar with the Mandalorians, they are a race of warriors who featured in Star Wars: The Clone Wars. Boba Fett, a bounty hunter who first appeared in the original Star Wars trilogy, was not himself a Mandalore, but he wore their armor for intimidation purposes, as did his father, Jango Fett.

Jon Favreau announced on Instagram that the plot of The Mandalorian would focus on a “lone gunfighter” who operates in the far reaches of the galaxy, outside of the New Republic’s reach. The show will be set three years after Return of the Jedi, after the fall of the Empire but before the First Order emerges.

In both trailers, the gunslinger character, played by Pedro Pascal, gets into several shoot-outs and dogfights with various groups, including the Stormtroopers and Death Troopers who are apparently still out in full force after the fall of the Empire. At least one of those Stormtrooper groups is led by an Empire loyalist played by Giancarlo Esposito.

We also see the Mandalorian take a job from an associate played by Carl Weathers in a cantina (similar to Star Wars Episode IV‘s Mos Eisley). And at some point, he teams up with a droid called IG-11, likely voiced by Taika Waititi.

We never see the Mandalorian’s face in either trailer, nor do we hear his name. It’s likely that his uniform is essential to his identity, and he uses the mask to cover up his morally complicated deeds. This notion is reinforced by the only line uttered in the trailer. A character played by Werner Herzog intones, “Bounty hunting is a complicated profession. Don’t you agree?”

While the Mandalorian himself may be neither good or evil, we know that at least one character, played by Gina Carano, used to fight for the Rebel Alliance.

Top Bottom