One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I dont know why you guys are so upset. You should have expected a letdown when the writers said that they were detaching themselves. Thats never a good thing.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Rev

Staff member
Think this is taken out of context. Ive seen the cast talk about how the writers pull pranks all the time. I think he was referring to that instead of the way it sounds.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I dont know why you guys are so upset. You should have expected a letdown when the writers said that they were detaching themselves. Thats never a good thing.
I agree. What can you really expect when the buildup for over 7 seasons has evolved to the point to where the name of the series has set the stage for all the Thrones to come forward and confront each other. Some gotta win some gotta lose. Good time Charlie’s got the blues. In other words there is no way to blow up the plot and make everyone happy.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I agree. What can you really expect when the buildup for over 7 seasons has evolved to the point to where the name of the series has set the stage for all the Thrones to come forward and confront each other. Some gotta win some gotta lose. Good time Charlie’s got the blues. In other words there is no way to blow up the plot and make everyone happy.
There was no ending that was going to make people happy. Frankly the ending isn't the problem here, it was the final season that they rushed through at break neck pace after everyone waited so long for it to get here. Honestly the best GOT seasons were the ones that followed the books closely. At the start the series was pretty spot on with the books. The further it got from the books though the less impact it felt. Sort of a prop to George RR Martin and just how good he is when his books actually come out. It's why I'll still read the final two books intently whenever they come out.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Moving on to finish off the finale of Barry and then check out Chernobyl.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Moving on to finish off the finale of Barry and then check out Chernobyl.
I wonder how many people drop their HBO subscriptions now that Game of Thrones is done. I'll give some of their other shows coming out a shot but Starz might be a better use of my money.

Rev

Staff member
I wonder how many people drop their HBO subscriptions now that Game of Thrones is done. I'll give some of their other shows coming out a shot but Starz might be a better use of my money.
We are about to drop ours. My wife is already asking about it. I put it off for a day so she will probably cancel it tonight.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It is just a matter of time for me. I really don't see much on the horizon that is interesting. I watch a couple of shows now, like Barry and John Oliver. But other than that, not a whole lot. Don't think I have watched a movie on there in ages.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It is just a matter of time for me. I really don't see much on the horizon that is interesting. I watch a couple of shows now, like Barry and John Oliver. But other than that, not a whole lot. Don't think I have watched a movie on there in ages.
I mean like Westworld season 1 was great but season 2 kind of lost me. Barry is fun to watch when I'm bored but it's not really a show I look forward to. My wife and I watched Pretty Little Liars and I'm sure she will want to watch season 2 but I'm sure it will be a let down. As far as movies it seems like they all have the same movies and with redbox we usually watch them before they hit HBO anyway. Game of Thrones was really the main reason I kept paying for HBO. Now that it's over I'm not sure I'll continue going back and watching old episodes. So it sort of seems pointless to me. I'm guessing HBO is going to see a big dip now that Game of Thrones is done. The prequel better get here relatively quick or they will take a big hit.

Top Bottom