TV Thread

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I’m only 2 eps in on Mindhunter and I’m sticking with it, but that pilot was tough. Started good with the opening scene, but then super slow and plodding the rest of the show.

Ep 2 was better simply because of the creepiness factor of the prisoner.
It gets much much better, I assure you.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Bravo Duffer Brothers. Im not quite through with season 2 of Stranger Things but Im enjoying this one more than last season.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Bravo Duffer Brothers. Im not quite through with season 2 of Stranger Things but Im enjoying this one more than last season.
I only watched the first episode last night. If what you are saying is true, I expect it gets better?

Cotton

Staff member
I only watched the first episode last night. If what you are saying is true, I expect it gets better?
Yes, the second and third episode are really good. They kinda stumbled out of the gate, but it may have been necessary for reasons you will understand once you watch further.

buckup

Brand New Member
Alright. Someone walk me though why I should be ok with this episode of TWD.

Rev

Staff member
Alright. Someone walk me though why I should be ok with this episode of TWD.
I havent seen it yet but you should have expected this if by what Im assuming is a letdown episode by your post. It has been that way for a few seasons now. Action packed 1st episode and a dud 2nd.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I havent seen it yet but you should have expected this if by what Im assuming is a letdown episode by your post. It has been that way for a few seasons now. Action packed 1st episode and a dud 2nd.
Yeah it's pretty typical. And they love throwing in a flashback episode or two that blows.

buckup

Brand New Member
There was plenty of action, it seemed like the story floundered and a lot of the action didn't really make sense.
I mean, it was interesting that Morales was re-introduced, and I had to look him up because I couldn't remember his name, but was that the point of the episode? The one thing I did like was Morgan going all John Wick for a bit.

D

Deuce

There was plenty of action, it seemed like the story floundered and a lot of the action didn't really make sense.
I mean, it was interesting that Morales was re-introduced, and I had to look him up because I couldn't remember his name, but was that the point of the episode? The one thing I did like was Morgan going all John Wick for a bit.
I didn't even like the Morgan stuff. He's standing in a doorway when automatic bullets are unloaded. Everyone else hit multiple times and he's not. But he plays possum and they just walk on by? Nobody thinks to shot him in the head to prevent him from turning? Lame

buckup

Brand New Member
I didn't even like the Morgan stuff. He's standing in a doorway when automatic bullets are unloaded. Everyone else hit multiple times and he's not. But he plays possum and they just walk on by? Nobody thinks to shot him in the head to prevent him from turning? Lame
Good point. There was some much other stuff I was mad at I didn't even think about that.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Looks like next year is it for House of Cards after the accusation that Spacey is a pedo.

BTW, Seth McFarland alluded to that as well in an episode of The Family Guy where Stewie had to escape from Spacey's basement.

Cotton

Staff member
Finished Stranger Things 2. This show did not let down in it's second season. Just so damn good.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Looks like next year is it for House of Cards after the accusation that Spacey is a pedo.

BTW, Seth McFarland alluded to that as well in an episode of The Family Guy where Stewie had to escape from Spacey's basement.
It is uncanny how The Simpsons and now Family Guy could predict the future.

Rev

Staff member
Finished Stranger Things 2. This show did not let down in it's second season. Just so damn good.
I hate that I binged it but I couldnt stop. Having withdrawals.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I hate that I binged it but I couldnt stop. Having withdrawals.
I did that with the first season. I decided I would take it slow. Two episodes at most at a time.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I was pretty skeptical about a new season of Curb Your Enthusiasm.

The past few seasons have been underwhelming.

Even this season's first five episodes or so were kinda feh.

But the newest episode was greatness. On par with any of the classic Seinfeld moments people still remember.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Back on form this week, imo. Do female concierge employees really get into changing rooms with men? The week before was a huge disappointment, save for the car window scene. It's the only one I haven't watched twice. The over-the-top PTSD soldier didn't elicit one single laugh. I'm also starting to notice them recycling old Seinfeld bits. Three weeks ago it was the "funeral hello." The following week it was the discussion about how men don't care if women have jobs, whereas women are turned on by men's job titles. I expected something fresh and original from Larry.

Last edited:
Top Bottom