TV Thread

Carp

DCC 4Life
Holy shit...I thought Carroll's cult was out there...so far there are much weirder ones out there.

Irving Cowboy

DCC 4Life
Matthew McConaughey not returning for a second season of 'True Detective'
March 3, 2014, 8:21 PM EST

Matthew Mcconaughey will not be returning for a second season of "True Detective."

The Oscar-winning "Dallas Buyers Club" actor stars in the TV miniseries as a troubled police detective who suffers a falling out with his partner, played by Woody Harrelson, as they investigate a string of local murders.

The show, created by Nic Pizzolatto and directed by Cary Joji Fukunaga, was initially pitched to network executives at HBO as an anthology series, with a different cast of characters tackling a new storyline each season, and now McConaughey has confirmed he will not be returning if the series gets picked up for a second round.

He says, "I won't be back for season two. Season one was finite."

"True Detective's" season one finale will air on Sunday.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Obviously he isn't going to be returning, it says right there that there will be a different cast and story each season.

Irving Cowboy

DCC 4Life
It says it was initially pitched that way... insinuating that they may have tried to change it after they saw what kind of following the show had developed.

Seems like you can't swing a dead cat nowadays without hitting something Mcconaughey is involved in.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
It says it was initially pitched that way... insinuating that they may have tried to change it after they saw what kind of following the show had developed.

Seems like you can't swing a dead cat nowadays without hitting something Mcconaughey is involved in.
Good things happen when you stop wasting your considerable talent on vapid rom coms. Although Magic Mike 2 is still in the making. :picard

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I said it before, Friday Night Tykes is a good reality show.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Carp

DCC 4Life
I don't have a DVR and I am interested in Resurrection...same time as TWD.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I wasn't interested in Ressurection but we have DVR and my wife is recording that.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I will be recording Cosmos. It looks fantastic.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
It's also being shown on NGC at 11 so was gonna catch it then

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I said it before, Friday Night Tykes is a good reality show.
Those are my homies. I've coached in that league gainst those dudes for 7 years. I've got 6 players from the NE Colts state champ team on my select 14u team this spring.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Those are my homies. I've coached in that league gainst those dudes for 7 years. I've got 6 players from the NE Colts state champ team on my select 14u team this spring.
The show is a hoot.

You people really take football seriously. Like for realz. All keepsies.

Cotton

Staff member
The show is a hoot.

You people really take football seriously. Like for realz. All keepsies.
You don't fuck around with football in Texas. It is an all or nothing thing here.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
You don't fuck around with football in Texas. It is an all or nothing thing here.
Yeah, I kind of get that. Especially when taxpayers spend millions on a high school stadium...and it is condemned shortly thereafter.

Cotton

Staff member
Yeah, I kind of get that. Especially when taxpayers spend millions on a high school stadium...and it is condemned shortly thereafter.
Not condoning it, it just is what it is.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
FINALLY got to finish BB. It was a satisfying ending. Just the right balance.

After reading the "dream/hallucination" theory, I think it's a lazy way to pretend to have insight. Things ALWAYS fell into place for Walter. That was a recurring theme of the whole series.

I am really looking forward to seeing Mike return in Better Call Saul. It will be odd to see the earlier, more naive Jesse, also, if what Aaron Paul has been talking about comes to fruition.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
I could buy the dream theory if it were applied to the series as a whole. Mild-mannered teacher desperate to take care of his family after learning he has cancer falls asleep and dreams his rise and fall as a meth kingpin, populating it mostly with people he knows: a former student, the sleazy lawyer in billboards all over town, the manager of a chicken restaurant where he may have eaten before, etc.

It would be lazy, terrible storytelling, Dallas x 1,000,000. But it would make more sense than, "Everything after the cabin is a vision, because it implausibly works out for Walt in the end." EVERYTHING works out for Walt (as he destroys everything in his wake), from Krazy 8, to the fulminated mercury, to Hank conveniently showing up to kill Tuco, to the nursing home bombing. What about any of those scenarios is not unbelievably convenient for Walt?

Top Bottom