TV Thread

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I'm catching up on Breaking Bad, I hadn't seen season 5 part 1. I'm two episodes in right now.

Man.

It is DARK this season. Mike is one stone cold mother fucker.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Arrested Development Season 4 is available on Netflix right now.

I will be firing it up shortly.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Arrested Development Season 4 is available on Netflix right now.

I will be firing it up shortly.
I keep hearing people talking about that show like it is OMGSLKDJHAR greatness.

What is it about?

D

Deuce

What is it about?
Basic premise is the son of a real estate developer who embezzled and goes to jail. But that's just the backdrop for the storyline. What makes it great is the individual characters, especially Gob and Tobias. Also, you have to really pay attention because half of the funneh comes from recurring jokes and callbacks.

Im 2 in on the new season and its ok so far. They are basically doing a separate episode for each character toget you caught up on their storyline and then a few episodes that will lead into the planned movie.

Kbrown

Not So New Member

What is it about?
I only saw the first season, but it really is great. A land developer goes to jail, and leaves it to one of his sons to fix everything in a family whose members are all cut off from reality in their own way.

At times it is over-the-top and at times it is really subtle, but never in a look-at-how-smart-this-show-is way. Hype aside, it is worth checking out.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Basic premise is the son of a real estate developer who embezzled and goes to jail. But that's just the backdrop for the storyline. What makes it great is the individual characters, especially Gob and Tobias. Also, you have to really pay attention because half of the funneh comes from recurring jokes and callbacks.

Im 2 in on the new season and its ok so far. They are basically doing a separate episode for each character toget you caught up on their storyline and then a few episodes that will lead into the planned movie.

I only saw the first season, but it really is great. A land developer goes to jail, and leaves it to one of his sons to fix everything in a family whose members are all cut off from reality in their own way.

At times it is over-the-top and at times it is really subtle, but never in a look-at-how-smart-this-show-is way. Hype aside, it is worth checking out.

Props fellas.

I am about finished with It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia and need a new show to fill the time.

EZ22

The One Who Knocks

What is it about?
Same here. It's one of the reasons I've never watched it. I have this weird thing where when people prop the hell out of something, I am turned off to it. It's one of the reasons The Hangover was out for over a year before I watched it. I just figured there was no way it was as funny as people made it out to be.

To be fair though, when I finally give in and watch, I'm usually glad I did.

Lost is a rare exception. I just could not get into it.

Bob Roberts

Professor StinkFinger
I watched the whole first season and had a few chuckles, but nothing approaching the internet jerking off over it.

D

Deuce

Just ask yourself one question. Would Carl Weathers associate himself with something not great?

ya, didnt think so. It's great.

Smitty

DCC 4Life

I'm three in.

It's eh.

Not nearly as funny as the original series.

Smitty

DCC 4Life

What is it about?
Uh yeah, you need to hop on Netflix and watch it. Starting at the beginning.

It's one of the funniest shows ever.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Here... bring yourselves up to speed with a countdown of the ten best running gags from the show:

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Same here. It's one of the reasons I've never watched it. I have this weird thing where when people prop the hell out of something, I am turned off to it. It's one of the reasons The Hangover was out for over a year before I watched it. I just figured there was no way it was as funny as people made it out to be.

To be fair though, when I finally give in and watch, I'm usually glad I did.

Lost is a rare exception. I just could not get into it.
Yeah, that is pretty damn weird.

D

Deuce

I'm three in.

It's eh.

Not nearly as funny as the original series.
It's all a catchup since its been 7 years. During the press leading up to the new season, Tony Hale said Bateman used to call this season "Act 1" cause it sets up the movie they are planning.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
It's all a catchup since its been 7 years. During the press leading up to the new season, Tony Hale said Bateman used to call this season "Act 1" cause it sets up the movie they are planning.
I heard that too. That they are only planning on doing 1 season; they won't keep it going on Netflix indefinitely.

So yeah, it's just setting up a movie.

I mean, that in theory could still be funny. But I just don't think it's as good.

Top Bottom