TV Thread

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I was 10 when it aired, and my parents wouldn't let me watch it. That and Soap.
Soap was also very good. Probably weren't allowed to watch because of Billy Crystal's character, right?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Soap was also very good. Probably weren't allowed to watch because of Billy Crystal's character, right?
I don't remember Soap.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Shit I had forgot all about that show, it and it's spinoff Benson were both pretty good

I loved Benson when I was a kid. I forgot about that show. It doesn't seem to have the same iconic status as some of the other shows of the era but it was pretty good.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I was not allowed to watch the Simpsons growing up. The first ten seasons of that show now seems moralistic and right leaning in comparison to trash on today.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I was not allowed to watch the Simpsons growing up. The first ten seasons of that show now seems moralistic and right leaning in comparison to trash on today.
I was already 16 when the Simpsons came out. :unsure

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
My older brothers weren't allowed to watch Jeannie because of her slutty costume and pendulous breasts. Oh how they suffered.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Hell my dad was watching Bolero while I was on the couch at the back of the room. Made it half way through before my mom made him turn it off.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I didn't have any limits on what I could watch as a kid. But I do have a funny story about how my parents hands-off approach towards TV viewing backfired on them.

Revenge of the Nerds had recently been released on VHS and my dad rented a copy. I'm like only 9 or 10 years old but he still allowed me to watch with him and his friend. When the legally blind nerd gets an erection in that scene where the nerds are watching the girls shower, I say something like: "hah, he got a boner" out loud in front of my dad and his friend. My dad's embarrassed so after the movie ended and my dad's friend went home, I get an ass-whooping.

Even funnier is that now as an adult I like to tease my dad about the incident by pointing out that it was really his fault because only a shitty parent would allow a 10 year old to watch a movie like that. :lol

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I didn't have any limits on what I could watch as a kid. But I do have a funny story about how my parents hands-off approach towards TV viewing backfired on them.

Revenge of the Nerds had recently been released on VHS and my dad rented a copy. I'm like only 9 or 10 years old but he still allowed me to watch with him and his friend. When the legally blind nerd gets an erection in that scene where the nerds are watching the girls shower, I say something like: "hah, he got a boner" out loud in front of my dad and his friend. My dad's embarrassed so after the movie ended and my dad's friend went home, I get an ass-whooping.

Even funnier is that now as an adult I like to tease my dad about the incident by pointing out that it was really his fault because only a shitty parent would allow a 10 year old to watch a movie like that. :lol
Hair pie? Thank you.

Top Bottom