TV Thread

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I dont know what you guys are watching bit watcha the first two episodes of Stranger Things and am enjoying it.
Finished it last night. It was okay but not good enough that I am waiting for a fourth installment.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

It blows my mind that somehow a lot of people are willing to pay money, each month, to stream old shows...especially a flaming turd like Friends.

I hated it then, and I still hate it.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

It blows my mind that somehow a lot of people are willing to pay money, each month, to stream old shows...especially a flaming turd like Friends.

I will never use HBO to watch a show like friends. It would be an extreme waste of their service.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I will never use HBO to watch a show like friends. It would be an extreme waste of their service.
No...this is different. It is stand alone with their content, plus other stuff. It is not HBO itself.

What basically is happening is everybody is getting their own streaming platform. CBS has it. Disney will at the end of the year. NBC has its own planned.

So basically Netflix or Amazon Prime being a one stop shop for older programming will no longer be the case. You will now be nickel and dimed to death if you want your older favorites.

What we will have are numerous subscriptions, which will all add up.

I have a feeling that in a few years, Netflix will be on its last legs. Some of their original content is decent, but $15 bucks a month for just that minus the thousands of other older stuff will probably cost them subscribers.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have a feeling that in a few years, Netflix will be on its last legs. Some of their original content is decent, but $15 bucks a month for just that minus the thousands of other older stuff will probably cost them subscribers.
So will they still have HBO Now? And will it be different. Because that right now is a stand alone subscription service. It's different than HBO but contains all of the same content as HBO GO which is a part of their regular subscription service for HBO.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
So will they still have HBO Now? And will it be different. Because that right now is a stand alone subscription service. It's different than HBO but contains all of the same content as HBO GO which is a part of their regular subscription service for HBO.
HBO Now is what is currently on HBO. It’s just a streaming version that why it’s called Now.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Been watching this. Highly recommend, especially if you know the true story. The performances are pretty good.
Hate to quote my own stuff, but this show was great, but watching the HBO documentary about it, "Mommy Dead and Dearest", made it even better. Just fascinating. I knew of the story through ID Channel things, but the HBO documentary really brought it together.

If you have time to waste and want to binge, you won't be sorry.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner

This x100. Never understood why that brain dead show was so popular and why it is again now. Idiocracy, I guess.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
This x100. Never understood why that brain dead show was so popular and why it is again now. Idiocracy, I guess.
I look back at the stupid fucking women I dated back then that literally made me watch that shit and I get angry.

One of the first things that let me know that my wife was cool was that when we first started hanging out, she made it clear she didn't like it. Keeper.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
If Friends gets you that worked up now then you probably need to talk to someone. Just looking out for you.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
If Friends gets you that worked up now then you probably need to talk to someone. Just looking out for you.
The show was insipid. But perhaps my anger is misplaced. I mostly hate one particular ex that lived and breathed that show.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
HBO Now is what is currently on HBO. It’s just a streaming version that why it’s called Now.
Yeah, but if the new streaming service is the same as HBO Now plus shitty shows such as friends, why have two platforms?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeah, but if the new streaming service is the same as HBO Now plus shitty shows such as friends, why have two platforms?
My understanding is the HBO content now available on Amazon will jump to that new platform. Stuff like The Wire, The Sopranos, Oz, Tombstone etc.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Im about done with TV anyways. Once everything goes to streaming then I will probably just nix the whole thing.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I was skeptical about "The Boys" on Amazon because of how Seth Rogen fucked up Preacher.

But holy shit, this is a damn good series.

Watch it.

Top Bottom