TV Thread

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Wife has decided she wants to watch the original Twin Peaks all over again.

I am too chicken shit to say that the only reason I watched this confusing shit was to get into this moody chick's pants in college.

As we are watching, I am asking questions and she is like, "weren't you even paying attention the first time?".

Well no, I was using interest in this as a vehicle to the poon I wanted at the time.

I even bought the fucking soundtrack so my girlfriend at the time could listen to it on the way to Myrtle Beach.

The best part is my son who suddenly thinks cassettes are cool thanks to Guardians of the Galaxy, goes upstairs into the attic, finds my old shit, and then says "Sweet, you said you had Dark Side Of The Moon, but what is this...."Twin Peaks Soundtrack"?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

I am too chicken shit to say that the only reason I watched this confusing shit was to get into this moody chick's pants in college.

As we are watching, I am asking questions and she is like, "weren't you even paying attention the first time?".

Well no, I was using interest in this as a vehicle to the poon I wanted at the time.

I even bought the fucking soundtrack so my girlfriend at the time could listen to it on the way to Myrtle Beach.

The best part is my son who suddenly thinks cassettes are cool thanks to Guardians of the Galaxy, goes upstairs into the attic, finds my old shit, and then says "Sweet, you said you had Dark Side Of The Moon, but what is this...."Twin Peaks Soundtrack"?
:lol

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It is not funny.

I actually bought a cassette tape by this Julee Cruise chick that was an offshoot of the show.

It made sense for that weekend. It got her all damp and stuff, but for whatever reason I never threw the shit away.

Now, by own son sees this shit and wonders if I am a fag. It is fucked up.

I am glad you find it funny, I don't.

Your kids coming of age and finding out the stupid fucking shit you did younger is NOT fun. At all.

Kbrown

Not So New Member

If she's watching for the sake of picking up the new series, you should probably warn her that it is a lot more hardcore David Lynch, as in many times weirder than the original.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
If she's watching for the sake of picking up the new series, you should probably warn her that it is a lot more hardcore David Lynch, as in many times weirder than the original.
What I don't get is she likes Twin Peaks but doesn't understand Blue Velvet.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

:lol

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
No. Its still funny.

data

Forbes #1
Got universally panned, but I appreciated Mike Myers as an alter ego to host the new Gong Show. If this alter ego, Tommy Maitland, was an actual person, I wouldn't care for it much - a game show host is a game show host. But knowing the difficulty in what Myers is doing is a reason to tune in.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Got universally panned, but I appreciated Mike Myers as an alter ego to host the new Gong Show. If this alter ego, Tommy Maitland, was an actual person, I wouldn't care for it much - a game show host is a game show host. But knowing the difficulty in what Myers is doing is a reason to tune in.
Didn't even realize it was Mike Meyers. I just thought it was a terrible host on a pretty bad reboot.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Watching All or Nothing with the Rams...man, I always thought Fisher was at least a solid coach but his staff looks like a typical high school group.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Not sure if it has been talked about in here or not, but I'm watching Westworld. I must say right at first I wasn't too sure about it. I am now 6 episodes in and I am firmly hooked.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Not sure if it has been talked about in here or not, but I'm watching Westworld. I must say right at first I wasn't too sure about it. I am now 6 episodes in and I am firmly hooked.
Westworld was great, just wish didn't have to wait until next year for season 2

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
You should go back and watch the movie. Yul Brynner as a cowboy robot is fantastic.
That's a good idea, it was one of my favorite movies when I was a kid

Top Bottom