TV Thread

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I am trying g to figure out how the opening segment fits into everything. Guess I will have to go back to last years premiere and look for clues.

And yes...getting the confrontation out of the way was great but I think with so few episodes they had to.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
And if anyone wants to bitch about spoilers...catch up.

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
Putting their eventual confrontation in the first episode was fantastic and I kindof wish he would have punched Walt in the face again after he made the subtle threat.
Disagree. It was perfect. The whole point of the scene was to show that Hank, for the first time ever, was scared of Walt. If he punched him again it would have defeated the purpose.

At least that's what I took away from the scene.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Disagree. It was perfect. The whole point of the scene was to show that Hank, for the first time ever, was scared of Walt. If he punched him again it would have defeated the purpose.

Yeah, I saw it the same way. It was a turning point in that dynamic that we have never seen before. It was very well done.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I am trying g to figure out how the opening segment fits into everything. Guess I will have to go back to last years premiere and look for clues.

And yes...getting the confrontation out of the way was great but I think with so few episodes they had to.
I think the point is that his identity is now very public, that the very home/family he was initially looking to protect are now gone and that perhaps people believe he is dead. In the beginning of last years premiere he was in the same clothes, bought the huge gun and I believe it was his 52nd birthday.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

I agree. The Hank/Walt relationship has always been Hank being the brash one of the two, leading the way. With Walt being the mild follower. That changed in one fell swoop, with Hank realizing just what he had said a moment earlier. He DOESN'T know who he is talking to, and it scared the hell out of him. Great scene.

D

Deuce

I think the opening about getting the Ricin was maybe for himself.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I think the opening about getting the Ricin was maybe for himself.
I have read that, but I can't see him killing himself like that, Ricin takes several days to kill you and its not a pretty death.

Last edited:

Jiggyfly

Banned
I think Walt went on the lam using that guy Sal told him about that could wipe his identity but he had to come back because Lydia is threatening either his family or Jesse because she can't get the pure meth anymore.

However it works out Lydia is the catalyst.

Jiggyfly

Banned
The latest ‘Breaking Bad’ fan theory: Walt killed Skyler

"Breaking Bad " fans love to speculate about what will happen next on their favorite show. Now, there's a new theory about the show that's getting a ton of attention on Internet TV blogs and message boards. That theory is this: Walt killed Skyler prior to the events at the Denny's in the Season 5 opener.

This isn't like Season 6 of "Dexter," where a dead character seemed to be alive because of hallucinations. This fan theory suggests that Skyler will be killed in the future, based on some evidence from the Season 5 premiere, which was a flash-forward scene set a year ahead of many of the events that were shown throughout the course of the season.

The theory is actually based on some pretty compelling evidence. Over the course of the series, Walt has been shown to have an interesting habit: Every time he kills someone, he takes on a characteristic of the person he's just killed. It might be intentional, or it could just be subconscious guilt rearing its head.

Eagle-eyed viewers will note that after killing "Krazy 8" Molina in Season 1, Walt took on the habit of cutting the crusts off his sandwiches. Krazy 8 had this habit and talked with Walt about it shortly before Walt killed him.

Gus Fring drove a Volvo. Though he had the money for a flashier car, Gus preferred to drive something that gave him a degree of anonymity. After Walt kills Gus, Walt is seen driving a Volvo in the Season 5 premiere, at the Denny's.

Walter generally drinks his liquor neat, while Mike drinks his "on the rocks." After Walt kills Mike, however, he starts drinking his alcohol on the rocks.

Therefore, some fans are arguing, Walt likely killed Skyler prior to his lonely birthday breakfast at the Denny's in Season 5. Back in the first season of the show, it was established that Skyler would always place bacon in the shape of Walt's age on top of his breakfast plate. In the Season 5 opener, Walt is making his own bacon numbers.

There's some additional evidence to support this theory. Walt's fake ID is a New Hampshire license under the name "Lambert." That's very significant: Skyler's maiden name is also Lambert.

But the "bacon numbers" trait could be misleading. While it's true that Skyler has been seen doing this for Walt, there's also an episode where Walter, Jr. gets involved in the bacon process. Perhaps it isn't Skyler that Walt will kill, but rather his own son.

Whether these murders are planned or accidental remains to be seen. They might not even happen at all. But it's a compelling theory that's sure to keep fans talking until the finale airs next summer

Cotton

Staff member
That's a very interesting theory.

Carl

RIP Brother
Great episode, so much going on. Just not sure what they do with the Jesse character. We have already seen remorseful Jesse more than enough.

There are really only 3 pivotal characters left, Walt, Jesse and Hank. Does anyone have an idea how they will re-incorporate him into Walt-Hank dynamic?

Jiggyfly

Banned
Great episode, so much going on. Just not sure what they do with the Jesse character. We have already seen remorseful Jesse more than enough.

There are really only 3 pivotal characters left, Walt, Jesse and Hank. Does anyone have an idea how they will re-incorporate him into Walt-Hank dynamic?
I can see Lydia making him cook again or using him to threaten Walt, and I am with you enough with the mopey Jesse.

Cotton

Staff member
I can easily see Jesse as the "last man standing". He goes on a killing rant, killing both Walt and eventually Hank.

junk

Not So New Member
I can easily see Jesse as the "last man standing". He goes on a killing rant, killing both Walt and eventually Hank.
His character arc doesn't seem to be going that way. Right now, it appears he'd be more likely to roll on Walt than try to kill him. However, I think they have to work it in somehow that Jesse finds out Walt was there when Jesse's girlfriend died. In that case, I could see him going nuts. Ricin could be for Jesse since he is a smoker.

Top Bottom