TV Thread

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
I still laugh that he was the Malcolm In The Middle dad.
Yeah... but like Vince Gilligan says in this video... He would hire a comedic actor any day to play a dramatic role. Basically, if you have the chops to do comedy, you can do it all.

You gotta be a real die hard breaking bad fan to watch this whole thing, but it's fun.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeah... but like Vince Gilligan says in this video... He would hire a comedic actor any day to play a dramatic role. Basically, if you have the chops to do comedy, you can do it all.

You gotta be a real die hard breaking bad fan to watch this whole thing, but it's fun.

I get what he's saying, but there aren't a lot of comedic actors who have pulled it off as well as Cranston.

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
I get what he's saying, but there aren't a lot of comedic actors who have pulled it off as well as Cranston.
No, I agree. I misunderstood your intent. I thought you were selling Cranston short. Which would have offended me because he's fucking brilliant as WW. Odenkirk, the guys that plays Saul, is another comedic actor that excels in BB. Of course his role is more comedy relief than any of the others, but he's great.

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
I mean, Jesse F'ing Pinkman has won a couple of Emmy's.

What a great show.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Breaking Bad is a prequel to Malcolm in the Middle. He goes into witness protection and becomes Malcolm's dad.
Mind = blown

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
Anybody watch the series Strike Back (on Cinemax)? What't the song they're using in the promo for the new season?

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
Breaking Bad is a prequel to Malcolm in the Middle. He goes into witness protection and becomes Malcolm's dad.
Yeah that's the joke that's been going around the internet for awhile now. That would be genius.

D

Deuce

Nerdist podcast put out their interview with Gilligan yesterday. Real good listen. They delve a little into his earlier stuff but the vast majority is Breaking Bad talk. He admits not everyone will like the ending cause its impossible to get everyone to, but he was adamant that all will be answered and no part of the end will be left to interpretation like with The Sopranos.

also mentioned they are really trying hard to get a spinoff series called Just Call Saul. :towel

Jiggyfly

Banned
I finally made through last season of the Walking Dead I debated stopping about 5 episodes in but stuck with it.

Don't think I can do that again, it ended well and Carl is killing it as an actor but the ghost wife was ridiculous.

There is just nobody I really care about making it anymore.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
There is just nobody I really care about making it anymore.
Wait...we are supposed to care? Hell, there have been quite a few characters I am glad bit it.

I am there for the zombies.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
My guess is that is about Lost.

I've never seen a show start out so strong and just completely lose its way.
It was the worst ending for a TV series I have ever seen.

Top Bottom