The Gun Thread

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
What’s the cheapest they run for? Did a brief search online, saw them running for around $300. Now, i’m not trying to be a cheap bastard when it comes to home defense, but in terms of firearms what else do I have as far as home defense weapons in terms of that price range?
I think the Winchester is around $300, the Remington is probably closer to $400. You could also check out a few local pawn shops and very likely save $50-100.

I would recommend getting a pistol before a shotgun. Here's a deal site just for guns/ammo gun.deals

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Just from a quick glance here's a couple good deals on pistols-

I had the .40 cal of the M&P and hated it. The trigger was a 9 lb trigger and it was awful. I sold it to the first sucker I could find.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I had the .40 cal of the M&P and hated it. The trigger was a 9 lb trigger and it was awful. I sold it to the first sucker I could find.
Damn well that sucks then, ok nix the M&P

DontCryWolfe

DCC 4Life
I’ve never given two shits about the Glock/polymer debate, never owned one, but I am starting to get curious. Any Glock owners here?

Cotton

Staff member
I’ve never given two shits about the Glock/polymer debate, never owned one, but I am starting to get curious. Any Glock owners here?
I’m more of a Sig guy than Glock. Nothing against Glock, I just think the Sig is a better gun.

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
FYI-I took a DEA class recently and one of the classes was held at the gun range with several DEA Agents teaching how to use pistols and semi automatic rifle. I spoke to one of the agents and he recommended a full size 9mm Glock. He said to add glow in the dark sites and then buy a fingerprint reader storage box.

I dont know squat about these guns and haven't bought one yet but thought someone might be interested in what the DEA uses so passing along what they said

Cotton

Staff member
FYI-I took a DEA class recently and one of the classes was held at the gun range with several DEA Agents teaching how to use pistols and semi automatic rifle. I spoke to one of the agents and he recommended a full size 9mm Glock. He said to add glow in the dark sites and then buy a fingerprint reader storage box.

I dont know squat about these guns and haven't bought one yet but thought someone might be interested in what the DEA uses so passing along what they said
A lot of LEO uses Glocks. They are good guns. I just prefer the Sig.

Cotton

Staff member
I like the balance of the weapon in my hand more with a Sig. The Glocks all feel too front heavy to me. It’s just a personal preference thing.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
I have 4. A model 19 9mm, model 22 40 cal, model 23 40 cal and a model 43 9mm. They are light weight, inexpensive, absolutely reliable and reliably accurate. Maintenance is easy and aftermarket parts abound if you want to customize your weapon. All but he model 19 I carry in various duty capacities.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
Which one you get also depends on your purpose. IF it's for actual carry, I'd recommend the Model 43 or 43x. The X has the longer grip and is better for bigger hands. They didn't yet have it when I bought my 43. It's a 9 mm single stacked pistol and very nice.

Cotton

Staff member
I have 4. A model 19 9mm, model 22 40 cal, model 23 40 cal and a model 43 9mm. They are light weight, inexpensive, absolutely reliable and reliably accurate. Maintenance is easy and aftermarket parts abound if you want to customize your weapon. All but he model 19 I carry in various duty capacities.
Like I said, lots of cops carry Glocks. :lol

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
Lot of PD range masters and the like getting wined & dined. “Department approved standard issue” is either so-so brand or Glock.
Ours were Sig P226 before the the Glocks. I liked those too except for ours were double action only, not double-single. I will never again on a DA only gun.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
EaEr4tbWsAAYVlW (1).jpg

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I'll just re-post this here. A beginner's guide.

FYI with damn near all brick&mortar stores low on ammo this site keeps track of who has what in stock and even includes price per round and shipping cost-

also gun.deals lists all the latest sales on guns/accessories/ammo

lostxn

DCC 4Life

What it this guy?

Top Bottom