Pit bull question

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I wouldn't have a Chow, ever.

Jon88

Banned
Yeah Chows are bad, but the one we had was nice. Again, she was a mix. She refused to come inside the house. Apparently something had happened before to her.

She was actually the first dog I was about to talk to on the phone, by the way.

Just adopt a nice dog from the pound or craigslist. No sense in paying for one.

jeebs

Brand New Member
Just adopt a nice dog from the pound or craigslist. No sense in paying for one.
I am thinking about it. But there is something to be said for good breeding if you are looking for specific traits in a dog. I don't have the stomach for shooting strays until i get an adequate one.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
What? Chows are way more unpredictable than pits.
Gotta agree, never trusted any of those purple tongued sobs I've been around

jeebs

Brand New Member
What? Chows are way more unpredictable than pits.
It's just with pita you are like "Oh no! It is the way they are raised, thy are in no way more genetically pre-disposed to eating toddler faces than a lab" but no matter what an owner does "chows are untrustworthy pieces of shit."*

*not exactly sure quotes are appropriate but from what I recall that was the gist of your point.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
It's just with pita you are like "Oh no! It is the way they are raised, thy are in no way more genetically pre-disposed to eating toddler faces than a lab" but no matter what an owner does "chows are untrustworthy pieces of shit."*

*not exactly sure quotes are appropriate but from what I recall that was the gist of your point.
I didn't say that a Chow can't be raised correctly given the dog is right. But as an overall breed of dog, Chows are way more unpredictable than Pits. And, yes, I believe that it is much harder to train the pre-dispositions out of a Chow than a Pit.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Oh, pits bite. (obviously) I just raised mine to be subservient because I have kids and I had to be able to trust him around them.
It is the way your pit was raised?

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I saw a guy holding the phone up to his dogs ear while on a walk today.

What is wrong with people these days?

jeebs

Brand New Member
Got back from the pound, god that place is depressing. It is like a Mexican prison for dogs. A couple pits looked like solid dogs, but other than that there was only a German sheperd that was mean enough to scare the shit out of me, and a hound/cur looking dog which looked like a great dog I just was t convinced he would bark.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I don't want to get my current delicate dog fucked up by inheriting someone else's problems; and every chow I ever met was the meanest most uncontrollable son of a bitch imaginable. I mean I consider myself a straight, full sized, non Mexican Cesar Milan but I don't want to start with that.
The problem with Chows is that they are morons. I like pits, even though they are dumb, but Chinese dogs are a whole new level of dumb. Comes from treating dogs as something you might want to eat (if you can get the hair off).

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
When I get another dog I'm going to pay up for another Argentine Dogo. The two I had were the smartest and most obedient dogs I've ever had, and they protected the fuck out of the property while never ever showing aggression to guests. Broke my heart to give them up.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
Get a female Queensland Heeler and don't spay her. She'll protect her area.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I had a Chow growing up and wouldnt hesitate getting another. Great dog. You wouldnt have to worry about your yard with a chow back there or yourself if you were back there. They are very protective of "their" possessions.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
Get a bitch, they are more protective of their "home" than the males.

Jon88

Banned
I talked to a Great Dane over the phone on my lunch break. He said a stray from the pound will be the most loyal and protective dog you'll find.

Top Bottom