BBQ Thread

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Spoekn with several friends that have the official Green Egg and they swear by it.

Smoking is simpler because it maintains a consistent temperature better and much longer without having to reload charcoal. However, it’s expensive, practically immovable and expensive fancy-ass charcoal.

I love ribs, but am not spending $1k for a Green Egg. Can’t speak for its competitors.
Yeah my buddy has a Green Egg and he did a brisket on it. It was excellent. But yeah the thing weighs a ton and is expensive as hell. But yeah the temperature was super easy for him to maintain basically while he slept.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
I have a reverse flow offset. I love the thing because I can use logs of wood, but I don’t have the luxury of a temperature setting. I’m going to buy a temperature regulator pretty soon.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
1 1/2 inch prime ribeyes. Fresh corn, mushrooms, squash and zucchini from the farmer's market. Check and check.

Beer and a brand new bottle of Glenlivet 18.

Gonna be a nice 4th.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Just finished eating brisket that the FIL smoked. Had it with potato salad and baked beans. I am hurting right now.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Here were doing a double smoked ham, armadillo eggs, about 20 lbs of chicken, grilled corn, and tater salad. Whole lot of beer and Angels Envy. Happy Birthday America!

data

Forbes #1
Six racks of ribs - baby back and STL style as the centerpiece, Kalbi ribs, kielbasa, hot links and chicken apple sausages.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Beef ribs are on the smoker. Should be ready to pull off the smoker around 4pm.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Here were doing a double smoked ham, armadillo eggs, about 20 lbs of chicken, grilled corn, and tater salad. Whole lot of beer and Angels Envy. Happy Birthday America!
Armadillo eggs? Uh...

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
And they say Asians eat weird shit. You should try dog. You won’t regret it. Might make your pet appreciate you more. Fido will be highly motivated to have your slippers, coffee and paper ready for you upon waking up.
Actually had this conversation with some of the Chinese people I work with. They have eaten dog and swear it tastes better than beef.

data

Forbes #1
Actually had this conversation with some of the Chinese people I work with. They have eaten dog and swear it tastes better than beef.
You speak Chinese, they speak Engrish or lots of hand gesturing?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
You speak Chinese, they speak Engrish or lots of hand gesturing?
Most of the executives have learned to speak broken Engrish.

Me: I have never eaten dog. That is illegal, I think.

Them: REEEERRRY?

I have learned a few words in Mandarin, but I am not investing a hell of a lot of time into it. This is a job until I can find another.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member

I have learned a few words in Mandarin, but I am not investing a hell of a lot of time into it. This is a job until I can find another.
Trying to get away from the orientals? Racist!

data

Forbes #1
Trying to get away from the orientals? Racist!
I get it. Orientals in America are just Orientals trying to get away from other Orientals.

If I were white, I'd be moving to Sweden.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

I'm thinking they would be making me laugh every day.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
So, I don't have a real smoker yet, but am close to building or buying one, but another option was presented me. Does anyone have one of the Green Egg things or knock off and can't they be used for smoking meats?
I'm a 100% Green Egg homer, not ashamed either.

Don't forget the array of fine accessories that you could add to your skills.

https://ceramicgrillstore.com/

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
And they say Asians eat weird shit. You should try dog. You won’t regret it. Might make your pet appreciate you more. Fido will be highly motivated to have your slippers, coffee and paper ready for you upon waking up.
I've ate dog before.

Top Bottom