BBQ Thread

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
No way I would use pickle juice for anything.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Apple cider vinegar.

Frikkin young'uns and their hippieass-naming shit! Just say "cider vinegar", ya peckerhead sumbitch!

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Frikkin young'uns and their hippieass-naming shit! Just say "cider vinegar", ya peckerhead sumbitch!
No one around these parts calls it just cider vinegar, ya Georgian hillbilly.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
No one around these parts calls it just cider vinegar, ya Georgian hillbilly.

But I'm sure everyone calls it ACV, fuckin hippies!

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
But I'm sure everyone calls it ACV, fuckin hippies!
Well, considering I said apple cider vinegar earlier in the post, I figured most would figure it out, hillbillyboi.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
I haven't either, but I'm guessing it's used like apple cider vinegar to break down the meat. Or, at least, I am assuming so. I would assume pickle juice is acidic. But, then again, I could be way off. Personally, I have never used ACV on brisket, but I have heard of people doing it. I only use it on ribs.
That’s correct. A number of BBQ places use it. Hutchins BBQ in McKinney shared some tips with me, so I thought I’d try it. It didn’t do all that much. It helped the meat break down a little bit, but I was hoping that the acid content would add some flavor. It didn’t.

I’ve used mustard as a base plenty of times. It’s great on pork and beef ribs. I figured I’d try the pickle juice since they recommended it.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Well, considering I said apple cider vinegar earlier in the post, I figured most would figure it out, hillbillyboi.
You're what's wrong with this world, now kindly see yourself out.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Georgian hillbilly is a redundant term.
Ah, don't be jealous that I don't have to get a permit to fire up my grill.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Two racks of beef ribs are on the docket for my smoker on Wednesday. :towel

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
So, I don't have a real smoker yet, but am close to building or buying one, but another option was presented me. Does anyone have one of the Green Egg things or knock off and can't they be used for smoking meats?

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
So, I don't have a real smoker yet, but am close to building or buying one, but another option was presented me. Does anyone have one of the Green Egg things or knock off and can't they be used for smoking meats?
My dad has one and uses it for smoking and grilling

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
My in-laws have one as well and use for both. They even do a pizza on it. They swear by it.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

data

Forbes #1
Spoekn with several friends that have the official Green Egg and they swear by it.

Smoking is simpler because it maintains a consistent temperature better and much longer without having to reload charcoal. However, it’s expensive, practically immovable and expensive fancy-ass charcoal.

I love ribs, but am not spending $1k for a Green Egg. Can’t speak for its competitors.

Top Bottom