BBQ Thread

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
We aren't all remote learning here. I have had to redo my busing plan 4 times now. And, I'm transporting positive covid patients daily to quarantine sites. This semester has sucked so far.
I can imagine it's tough.

Remote learning/working has made my job more difficult and dynamic as well, just hackin on ya.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I can imagine it's tough.

Remote learning/working has made my job more difficult and dynamic as well, just hackin on ya.
I know. Just been a long few weeks. And, now jobs are being slashed all over the university, so I have to deal with that fucking stress right now. Meh, I'll stop bitching and cook the damn pork butt this weekend.

data

Forbes #1
I know. Just been a long few weeks. And, now jobs are being slashed all over the university, so I have to deal with that fucking stress right now. Meh, I'll stop bitching and cook the damn pork butt this weekend.
It's been illegal here to burn wood/charcoal for about two straight weeks. $500/fine.

Cook it this weekend. In fact, I'll send you one so you can do my butt.

Cotton

Staff member
It's been illegal here to burn wood/charcoal for about two straight weeks. $500/fine.

Cook it this weekend. In fact, I'll send you one so you can do my butt.
You are so fucking weird.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Fucking commies

data

Forbes #1

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
nice thread actually
Thanks man, we have folks who insist on grilling with gas but for the most part our members are top notch BBQ'ers.

Post more, seriously...especially if you have a good pea salad recipe you can share.

Cool username, too! Looking forward to more posts!

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Beef ribs and pork collar butt are in the fridge. I’m soaking the pork in a brown sugar, salt, apple cider vinegar, apple juice and water brine in preparation of it hitting the smoker on Saturday.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Other than those listed so far I'd add Hard Eight Bbq and Ten50 Bbq
Ten50 isn’t that good. It’s ok, but not great. The sides are great, and the layout of the place is great, though.

Cotton

Staff member
I said this in the gameday chatter thread, but there is a seasoning that everyone of you need to try. I have used it on burgers, steaks, chops, hams, etc. I essentially use it on almost everything. Uncle Chris' steak seasoning. I promise you that you will thank me later.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I said this in the gameday chatter thread, but there is a seasoning that everyone of you need to try. I have used it on burgers, steaks, chops, hams, etc. I essentially use it on almost everything. Uncle Chris' steak seasoning. I promise you that you will thank me later.

This is another spice that we use on all kinds of things, it's a staple in my bbq rub for least 10 years or so now

71dxfHSOrML._SL1500_.jpg

roughneck266

DCC 4Life

This stuff is sweet ambrosia. Used some on an axis doe I killed a few weeks ago. Nothin but this, tenderloins, and some butter to baste in a hot cast iron skillet.

Top Bottom