Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can one of you guys come help me get this grill out of my truck?

Comment

Originally posted by skidadl View Post
      Can one of you guys come help me get this grill out of my truck?
      Sure, just provide me with detailed directions to your house and a basic description of the interior layout...

Comment

Originally posted by NoDak View Post
        You cut me deep, Ryobi.
        It hurts on my end as well, amigo.

Comment

I've got my first butt going. Super excited about this.

Threw a few shirt ribs and brats on as well.

I started a little hot...trying to bring it down.

I've got this red-check thing. Wireless temp alarms FTW.

Comment

You had me at "first butt going".

Comment

My first smoke was frickin amazing. Short ribs, sausage and a butt.

I needed up smoking the butt for about 20 hours. I used a maverick thermometer with a remote read out. I set the temp alarms and set it by my bed. My temp went out of range a few times. I just got out of bed and adjusted my vents and went back to bed. Pretty dang sweet.

Today I purchased a cyberq for my egg. Basically you can control airflow and get cooker/meat temps remotely via smartphone. It comes with a cooker prob and three meat probs. that enables you to monitor 3 different meats separately. On my XL big green egg I wil be able to cook a crapton of food. I'm pretty stoked about all of this.

Comment

Originally posted by skidadl View Post
                I needed up smoking the butt for about 20 hours
                I don't doubt that

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Roberts View Post
                  I don't doubt that

ENDED! ENDED!

Ipad autocorrect/freudian mind bend.

Comment

Damn, Skid learns to make great BBQ after he hates me. Life is unfair sometimes.
                    #firegarrett

Comment

haha! I don't hate you bro.

Comment

Jerky

I used top sirloin, and cut it in strips less than 1/4" thick. If you put the meat in the freezer for an hour or so before cutting, it makes it a lot easier to slice. After slicing the meat, sprinkled both sides with a jerky mix of black pepper, garlic, and cure. (that's the flavor I used, but there are a shit-ton of different flavors you can get) Then put it all in Ziploc bags in the fridge for about 24 hours.

Place all strips on jerky racks so there is a little space between them for airflow. I used hickory smoke, and smoked at 225 degrees for 2 hours. After 1 hour, I rotated all the racks so everything would get even heat/smoke. Then, removed smoke and water pan, and turned heat down to about 175 for another hour or so to continue drying. Check your jerky occasionally so it doesn't get too dry. You want to be able to bend it without it breaking. Keep in mind, drying will cause it to shrink and lose a lot of weight. You'll lose probably over half the weight you started with if not more.

If you want bigger/thicker strips of jerky, you'll need to adjust your marinade/smoke/drying time.

Comment

Originally posted by NoDak View Post
                          Jerky

I used top sirloin, and cut it in strips less than 1/4" thick. If you put the meat in the freezer for an hour or so before cutting, it makes it a lot easier to slice. After slicing the meat, sprinkled both sides with a jerky mix of black pepper, garlic, and cure. (that's the flavor I used, but there are a shit-ton of different flavors you can get) Then put it all in Ziploc bags in the fridge for about 24 hours.

Place all strips on jerky racks so there is a little space between them for airflow. I used hickory smoke, and smoked at 225 degrees for 2 hours. After 1 hour, I rotated all the racks so everything would get even heat/smoke. Then, removed smoke and water pan, and turned heat down to about 175 for another hour or so to continue drying. Check your jerky occasionally so it doesn't get too dry. You want to be able to bend it without it breaking. Keep in mind, drying will cause it to shrink and lose a lot of weight. You'll lose probably over half the weight you started with if not more.

If you want bigger/thicker strips of jerky, you'll need to adjust your marinade/smoke/drying time.
                          ~moving to Test Thread~

Comment

Originally posted by Deuce View Post
                            ~moving to Test Thread~
                            2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Deuce View Post
                              ~moving to Test Thread~
                              2018 Pickem Champion

Comment

Anyone have one of those Char-broil BigEasy oil-less fryers? I bought one before Thanksgiving and cooked a 17lb turkey in it in about 3 hours. That thing is the bomb.

Comment

Working...
                                X